VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

**** hell. Christine McVie has died. 

that's a sad one. saw them live twice but only once with her in the line up...glad i got to though. real shame that

• Like 1

Sad to hear Christine McVie has passed...

Quite liked Fleetwood Mac and as a Beach Boys / Dennis Wilson fan I know and have read a little of their connection which from a musical point of view is rather interesting.

McVie and Wilson dated for a few years late 70's early 80's and worked together on music which has never seen the light of day. Although she wrote a song called 'Only Over You' from 'Mirage' in 1982.

Lindsey Buckingham also wrote a song about Dennis called 'D.W Suite' from 'Go Insane' in 1984.

@rjw63 likely also knows of this...

tumblr_f205e58453bc75538ef362273fe6e7a5_6b35e5fe_1280.thumb.jpg.b46fc24b7228ca03c192c329da5ca255.jpgi1eqkdi6ru791.jpg.295a08638627875f59609e72b605da30.jpg

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sad to hear Christine McVie has passed...

Quite liked Fleetwood Mac and as a Beach Boys / Dennis Wilson fan I know and have read a little of their connection which from a musical point of view is rather interesting.

McVie and Wilson dated for a few years late 70's early 80's and worked together on music which has never seen the light of day. Although she wrote a song called 'only Over You' from 'Mirage' in 1982.

Lindley Buckingham also wrote a song about Dennis called 'D.W Suite' from 'Go Insane' in 1984.

@rjw63 likely also knows of this...

tumblr_f205e58453bc75538ef362273fe6e7a5_6b35e5fe_1280.thumb.jpg.b46fc24b7228ca03c192c329da5ca255.jpgi1eqkdi6ru791.jpg.295a08638627875f59609e72b605da30.jpg

I do indeed. 

Also Dennis's best pal Ed Roach is a friend of mine on Facebook, he was there with his camera documenting this relationship and whole lot more from around 1970.

He has a book coming out next year, it will be a must - buy for us, and if he's doing anything special for friends I'll let you know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I do indeed. 

Also Dennis's best pal Ed Roach is a friend of mine on Facebook, he was there with his camera documenting this relationship and whole lot more from around 1970.

He has a book coming out next year, it will be a must - buy for us, and if he's doing anything special for friends I'll let you know. 

I think I heard about that book, it will be a must-read.

Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, choffer said:

Hopefully not too many more to squeeze in during the next few weeks:

Wow. Shocked at how many faces I instantly recognised on there. 

Didn't know the girl from the grinning gif had died. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, choffer said:

Hopefully not too many more to squeeze in during the next few weeks:

They missed off the UK’s political reputation, after a long illness. 

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

On 02/12/2022 at 08:01, sidcow said:

Wow. Shocked at how many faces I instantly recognised on there. 

Didn't know the girl from the grinning gif had died. 

That image  is almost gloating at me … here are the people you’ve had in the VT dead-pool over the years but got the wrong year of death … Loser

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fleetwood Mac remind me of my ex father in law who is (or was*) a word removed. They were/are his favourite band so by default, i see FM as words removed too.

My condolences to the McVie family, by the way. 

(*could be dead, fingers crossed. )

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Fleetwood Mac remind me of my ex father in law who is (or was*) a word removed. They were/are his favourite band so by default, i see FM as words removed too.

My condolences to the McVie family, by the way. 

(*could be dead, fingers crossed. )

Seems fair. 

• Haha 1