VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

On 20/11/2022 at 17:21, markavfc40 said:

Jason David Frank, Power Rangers star, has died at 49.

Thats a real sad one for me as i was a big power ranger fan as kid and the green ranger was my favourite 

Suicide accoridng to TMZ. So sad

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Wilko Johnson finally gone.  :(

Ah bugger 😭

Glad he got nearly a decade more than his first cancer diagnosis said he would (that doctor being in the crowd for one of his gigs was such a stroke of luck).

I always recommend the Ecstasy of Wilko Johnson documentary to anyone who'll listen. Life affirming stuff.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Dr Feelgood legend. One of life’s regrets I never got to see them. 

Happy to say I did. Original lineup, February 6, 1975, Leeds Polytechnic. 75p. They were incendiary. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sne said:

Börje Salming, one of the ice hockey defenders of all time and a very pleasant person. 71 y.o ALS :(

Will always remember the time me and a few mates was going to Copenhagen for a day of beer and as the train stopped at Kastrup Airport we saw Börje getting off the train. So we started chanting his name. He smiled and looked ashamed at the same time. That was so Börje.

• Like 2

**** he went fast, almost for the better. ALS is just horrible

:( One of my big heroes on the ice. Hard as nails and paved the way for ALL Europeans in the NHL. Legend is not enough praise

• Like 1

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Will always remember the time me and a few mates was going to Copenhagen for a day of beer and as the train stopped at Kastrup Airport we saw Börje getting off the train. So we started chanting his name. He smiled and looked ashamed at the same time. That was so Börje.

I met him at a party in Stockholm about 15 years ago. Started talking and ended up chatting with him for at least half an hour. Great guy, very down to earth and pleasant. But also larger than life, it was Börje Salming ffs :D 

• Like 2

Flyers ultimate "Broad Street Bullies" Dave Schultz, mega word removed by all metrics tried to do what he did to almost everyone in the NHL, take them off the ice by pure intimidation. Börje? Nope!

salming.jpg

His mark on the north American game is unquestionable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Flyers ultimate "Broad Street Bullies" Dave Schultz, mega word removed by all metrics tried to do what he did to almost everyone in the NHL, take them off the ice by pure intimidation. Börje? Nope!

salming.jpg

His mark on the north American game is unquestionable

They don't really make people like Börje anymore.

21 minutes ago, sne said:

They don't really make people like Börje anymore.

Found this classic, with subtitles for our English friends. For context, Renberg and Sandström weren't exactly soft.

• Haha 2