VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

20 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Gutted. Goodfellas is close to being my favourite film of all time. I was blown away walking out of cinema when it came out.

I can remember first watching it on DVD back when DVDs were relatively new, it was a double sided disc, I didn't even know they existed so completely unaware I watched the 2nd half first... And still thought it was great 

• Haha 3

On 19/05/2022 at 20:42, bickster said:

Tbh I don’t care. I’ll pick up the CD at some point but it’s never in stock when I remember to look

You can convert youtube videos to mp3's in seconds.

8 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

You can convert youtube videos to mp3's in seconds.

I used to all the time then stopped as I started to use Spotify more and more 

I don't actually have any mp3s anymore, need to get back in to it, used to do it with loads of live tracks and stuff like radio 1 live lounge 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I used to all the time then stopped as I started to use Spotify more and more 

I don't actually have any mp3s anymore, need to get back in to it, used to do it with loads of live tracks and stuff like radio 1 live lounge 

I haven't needed to for a while as I just sing whatever song I need in my head these days .

PS shout out to Henry Hill 😢

Goodfellas is obviously the one that stands out.

But Liotta was always good value whenever he turned up.

His role in Cop Land is one that springs to mind. Plus, even something lightweight like Heartbreakers, he’s really good fun in that.

• Like 2

Alan White, drummer in Yes has died. I could never get into Yes, even though I tried, but he was a very good drummer indeed and a bit more streamlined than the incessantly experimental Bill Bruford.

Also famous for drumming on John Lennon's Imagine.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Goodfellas is obviously the one that stands out.

But Liotta was always good value whenever he turned up.

His role in Cop Land is one that springs to mind. Plus, even something lightweight like Heartbreakers, he’s really good fun in that.

Watch Narc, really underrated film 

Also liked smokin aces, killing them softly, the iceman 

And of course GTA Vice City 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Alan White, drummer in Yes has died. I could never get into Yes, even though I tried, but he was a very good drummer indeed and a bit more streamlined than the incessantly experimental Bill Bruford.

Also famous for drumming on John Lennon's Imagine.

Indeed ! All the musos in 'Yes' were damn good IMO but I couldn't get into them either (liked Roundabout though). i thought their stuff was quite complicated with some difficult tempo and time changes (difficult for me anyway !!). I think I could have played most things on Lennon's album though :). A great drummer RIP

Just now, veloman said:

Indeed ! All the musos in 'Yes' were damn good IMO but I couldn't get into them either (liked Roundabout though). i thought their stuff was quite complicated with some difficult tempo and time changes (difficult for me anyway !!). I think I could have played most things on Lennon's album though :). A great drummer RIP

Haha, I liked Roundabout too. It's odd because I generally like the proggier side of things but Yes just didn't do it for me.

Shame though, it's been a fairly rubbish few months for drummers of that 60s/70s era - Charlie Watts, Graeme Edge, Alan White.

7 minutes ago, veloman said:

The only plus side could be that the radio dedicate several hours to playing "Yes" numbers. That being the case, let's hope Oasis live forever !! 

Paging @Xela.....😯

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Also notorious for agreeing to drum on John Lennon's Imagine.

Foolish man, he'd have lived years longer if it wasn't for the guilt he felt for being a part of that monstrosity

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watch Narc, really underrated film 

Also liked smokin aces, killing them softly, the iceman 

And of course GTA Vice City 

I literally started playing the vice city remaster last night. Gutted. 

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Paging @Xela.....😯

My initial thought was Whatever,  but you've just got to Roll With It and Don't Look Back in Anger otherwise you'll just Slide Away. D' You Know What i Mean?

sorry everyone :(

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

My initial thought was Whatever,  but you've just got to Roll With It and Don't Look Back in Anger otherwise you'll just Slide Away. D' You Know What i Mean?

sorry everyone :(

Some might say you've lost the plot. 

• Like 1