VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

40 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One for the comic book/graphic novel fans…Neal Adams has died aged 80.

It’s not really my area of expertise, despite that however I have heard his name before, so I assume he was a significant influence.

He is best known as an artist for DC in the Silver Age of comics, the late 60s/early 70s revitalisation of the industry. He co-created a few characters for Batman, most notably Ra's al-Ghul, and he was involved in the reimagining of characters like the Joker and Two-Face. He was one of the major forces in changing the... style?... of comics, his art was more detailed and, for want of a better term, realistic, born of his being in advertising in the 60s iirc, and it's pretty much influenced all art since.

He's one of the few artists where you can say 'Neal Adams style Batman' and people will immediately know what you mean. He drew Batman as a man with basically perfect physique, wearing the grey suit with blue boots, cape, cowl and gloves, and yellow oval symbol.

He also got heavily involved in the creators rights movement in the industry, using his influence to force the comic industry to treat the people working in it more fairly (the industry was, and is, famous for treating it's writers, artists etc like shit, unless you are one of the rarified few that garner enough fame to have clout and weight to throw around). He is best known for leading the campaign to get the creators of Superman credit and financial recognition from DC.

He was a good guy, by all accounts.

55207c54d74b9af454d5f5ebdd8a4c53-900x900

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

Raiola now confirmed.

I guess hell was full earlier…

I don't follow the agent stories that much but I don't really get the hate.The existence of these "super agents" is a symptom of a sport rotten to the core by excessive money, not the cause.

It's a sport corrupted by wealth. This guy was getting his and netting massive wages for his clients that's otherwise just staying in the pockets of the wealthy who own the clubs. I don't know a huge amount about him, but if he was shaking these billionaires down for every penny he can, good on him.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I don't follow the agent stories that much but I don't really get the hate.The existence of these "super agents" is a symptom of a sport rotten to the core by excessive money, not the cause.

It's a sport corrupted by wealth. This guy was getting his and netting massive wages for his clients that's otherwise just staying in the pockets of the wealthy who own the clubs. I don't know a huge amount about him, but if he was shaking these billionaires down for every penny he can, good on him.

Its hard to say, I dont feel bad for the clubs losing out but a lot of his players seem more like mercenaries than others. Pogba since he got to United, Donnarumma and now Haaland seem to be always looking for that next move straight away

There's an argument with raiola that he's moving players to where he wants and when he wants to maximise his return, no doubt the players get a ton of money too but there's been a few moves that are not good from a football perspective no matter how good the financial perspective is 

And that's what makes him the worst out of the lot 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He was an apostle of greed and disloyalty.

I haven’t done the numbers, but I would think that Raiola and his clients have helped drive up wages in all of top European football. That’s not always money that would have stayed in the pockets of wealthy owners, it’s also money that would have stayed in the pockets of ordinary, paying fans or the club coffers of clubs that have gone bust or close to it. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 3

This agent was nasty, damaging to clubs, his players can be disruptive to clubs, it was all about money and the likes of pogba look to down tools effectively and this causing trouble in the camp, he doesn't want them settled and doing well where they are, he knows they are massively marketable and wants them in and out for profit as often as possible. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

This agent was nasty, damaging to clubs, his players can be disruptive to clubs, it was all about money and the likes of pogba look to down tools effectively and this causing trouble in the camp, he doesn't want them settled and doing well where they are, he knows they are massively marketable and wants them in and out for profit as often as possible. 

He instructed Ibrahimovic to be disruptive at Ajax so they would sell him to Juventus. From Zlatan's own book.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

He instructed Ibrahimovic to be disruptive at Ajax so they would sell him to Juventus. From Zlatan's own book.

It was also reported Halaand is not really interested in the move at this stage, which is why Haaland's family have been offered £15 million as part of the deal, I guess to tempt Haaland to go. It's all very shady out there with these sort of agents.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

It was also reported Halaand is not really interested in the move at this stage, which is why Haaland's family have been offered £15 million as part of the deal, I guess to tempt Haaland to go. It's all very shady out there with these sort of agents.

Is that shady? 

Regina Zylbergerg Gone at 92

Who? French singer and nightclub impresario.

She literally invented the nightclub DJ. She was the very first person to replace the previously ubiquitous Jukebox with people playing actual records on linked record decks in her club, the Whisky a Gogo in Paris in 1967.

• Like 2