VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

Andrew Symonds, Brummie born Aussie cricket legend. Even if you didn't follow cricket, chances are you have heard about Andrew Symonds.

Probably my favourite Andrew Symonds moment:

Spoiler

• Like 3

Rick Price, Birmingham born bassist with numerous Birmingham bands . Perhaps most famously Roy Wood's Wizzard. Think he was married to the female half of Peters and Lee (Diane?).

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, veloman said:

Rick Price, Birmingham born bassist with numerous Birmingham bands . Perhaps most famously Roy Wood's Wizzard. Think he was married to the female half of Peters and Lee (Diane?).

Shite. He was in the later lineup of The Move, too. 

They're all going now.   :(

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

They're all going now.   :(

Bob Neuwirth, 82. Probably means nowt to most of you, but... 

A mainstay of the early 1960s Cambridge, Massachusetts, folk scene, he subsequently became a friend and associate of Bob Dylan alongside whom he appears in D.A. Pennebaker's documentary Dont Look Back and Dylan's own self-referential romantic fantasy/tour film Renaldo and Clara. The lower half of him appears behind Dylan in Daniel Kramer's front cover photo for the album Highway 61 Revisited. Neuwirth assembled the backing band for Dylan's 1975 Rolling Thunder Revue. With Janis Joplin and poet Michael McClure, he co-wrote the song "Mercedes Benz". He also introduced Kris Kristofferson to Janis Joplin, who would have a major (posthumous) hit single with Kristofferson's song "Me and Bobby McGee" (which Neuwirth first played for Joplin.)

Painter, road manager, sidekick, confidante, henchman, poet, underground cult hero, womanizer, party organizer, self-appointed king of cool, and baiter-in-chief of Baez, Donovan, and any other unfortunate who wound up in the line of fire of his sledgehammer jibes, Neuwirth went on to become a film-maker and a credible singer-songwriter in his own right, co-writing the wonderful 'Mercedes Benz' with his friend Janis Joplin. 

Wikipedia

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Chariots of Fire pah Blade Runner yep but that shouldn't be what he's remembered for. This is...

This album has been at the very top of my want list for a very long time.

The whole album is a masterpiece

Aye, it's a goodun. Are you specifically wanting vinyl? Cos the CD's easily available. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Aye, it's a goodun. Are you specifically wanting vinyl? Cos the CD's easily available. 

Tbh I don’t care. I’ll pick up the CD at some point but it’s never in stock when I remember to look