Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Was more referring to how so far this season it tends to be Ramsey and mcginn that get the majority of the plaudits when Luiz has been outstanding all season and only recently being given the credit for it

True we are so much worse when he isn't in the side. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our front 3 have been poor. I’d move Watkins through the middle and bring on Carney or someone who won’t keep shooting at their defenders or giving the ball away. 

We’ve been brilliant in defence and midfield 

Davis? Guaranteed not to shoot at their defenders, more likely to hit the corner posts.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I think most of us agree that it’s either Watkins or Ings through the middle and not both on the pitch at the same time. 

It’s been that day since day 1. I didn’t think they’d play well together but not quite as badly as they have. Zero chemistry 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I've not seen the others but what's supposed to happen when Cash lunges in like that? A penalty is inevitable. 

It was a tongue in cheek comment Sid, the 6 always get em, we rarely do. Agree, that was a big mistake from Cashy.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Thought Ollie looked slow especially that slide through from Sanson that Mendy beat him to.  Ollie still making too many poor decisions. Probably best to leave Ings on instead.

In fairness Ings looks like he could play 500 minutes against these defenders and achieve the square root of nothing.

• Like 2

Not a criticism of Martinez at all, it’s a genuine question/something I don’t get - Jorginho’s penalties. I think it’s established that he always waits for the keeper to move. He doesn’t strike the ball hard or near the corner, so why don’t keepers just not move until he’s struck it?

It obviously not as simple as that. I’m missing some of the finer detail and I’m not claiming to know better than a pro keeper, but to this layman, it seems worth a go?