Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Front 3 not having a very good time so far it has to be said. Watkins looks out of sorts and the other two need to get in the game.

Agreed, it’s the Watkins-Ings combo which doesn’t work for me. One of those two up the middle with Buendia & Carney supporting. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Excellent:
Tactics, Mings, Konsa, Targett, Sanson, Luiz

Good:
Cash (would be excellent if he had a brain), Ramsey

Ok:
Ings, Watkins, Martinez (more he hasn't had anything to do)

Very Poor:
Buendia

Tend to agree, although I’d leave Buendia on and take Ings off. Think we need Watkins through the middle.

Bit gutted I sold my ticket now even though I couldn't make it. Gerrard out!! Better without him. lol. 

Passing and movement has been superb. Luiz running the show although to a man they look quality. 

I think this team is levelling up, moving up a gear....I like it, we look great. Another 45 like that please!

A 20 minute Bertie cameo against his former club incoming.

He’ll fall over the ball a couple of times, play stray passes continuously but then dribble past two players and smash it in the goal from 25 yards to get us the winner! That’s our boy 😁

• Like 3

Just now, Jono62 said:

They are really poor but the full backs look threatening. Silva is a very classy player. Cash needs to stop doing that silly slide in the box.

Top players make better decisions, we are improving for sure but there is still a way to go 

Apart from cash having a total brain fart, and I really mean a total switch off of his brain, going for a challenge on the wrong side when the player is already in front of you in the penalty area,is always and I really mean always , going to be a penalty. 

Apart from that, and some poor final balls, we have been aggressive, quick and pretty decent when we have the ball.

Expected a few shots from ings which he instead tried passing ? Hyper critical I know but we need to take the shots when they are there.

Decent half.

• Like 1

Watkins is winning every ball that's played to him, Ramsey is tucked right in behind him and it's causing Chelsea , Reece-James , issues . Ings and Ollie interplay isn't quite there yet, we have carved Chelsea open a few times and just fell short with the final pass or some great blocks from em. 

We're are playing well against a good team, defense has been good apart from us going to ground in tackles , both Target and Cash have been guilty of it , Cash paying the price.