• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Ings (Young 60)
    • Chukwuemeka (Buendía 83)
    • Tuenzebe (McGinn 88)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/12/21 at 23:59

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

Certainly not a vintage performance or a performance that will live long in the memory. However, It was professional enough and the first clean sheet under Gerrard so thats all good. Sets us up nicely for Burnley on Saturday in front of the villa park faithful. Even though Ollie was fairly quiet he still got an assist and a typical poacher goal and it was amazing to see the youngsters Jacob Ramsey and Carney Chukwumeka really step up and impress tonight. Their fearlessness and refusal to pass sideways at a key moment won us the game tonight. Hope we see more of them in our first team ASAP.

The second. 2-0 v Brighton ! 

It wasnt just Ramsey's goal that highlighted him tonight, he was the midfield dynamo.

There were points in that second half where everyone seemed to take their foot off the gas except Ramsey. He was driving the team forward all night.

Bravo sir!

• Like 3

Solid. Every match there is an incremental performance, and everyone is performing, subs are a difficult choice which is great. 

My concern over Ings continues, I think we are trying to get it to work but it looks miles away, Watkins head and shoulders above him. Can’t but think there was another option instead of forcing that, I guess we had to try it?

If we get 4 pts from the next two, it’s more than any of us could have hoped for. We are looking good and Gerrard looks an inspired appointment. Dean was what we needed then, but this is what we need now. 

Great first half limp 2nd half but maybe impressively our heads never dropped, we played poorly but we didn't shrink and give them the game like we've all seen so many times before

Some of the passing and moving one touch stuff in the first half was thr best I've seen in a long time, we looked really comfortable 

Ramsey MOTM, looks like he's got a good understanding in that midfield trio, his off the ball stuff and positioning was as good as his on the ball stuff

Cruise control for the whole game. Would have liked us to kill the game off sooner in the second half. Ramsey absolutely top class. What a player he is going to be.

Cash looking a proper wing back now. McGinn immense as always. As for Dougie, absolutely bossed the game.

Really pleased for Carney too and glad Ollie got his goal.

How poor are Norwich though?

Gave it to Cash but have no complaints with Ramsey, Mings or Ollie getting it. A very professional job. There was too long a spell in the middle where we allowed them too much possession and encouragement, and a better side would have punished us, but maybe you can just about do that against Norwich. Onwards and upwards. Be better against Burnley.

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Loving life under SG. he subs when needed even before 80 minutes and before we are 2 down. We all seem to think he makes the right subs too

All the best Deano, but I think we are far better organised now 

I agree he makes the right subs, but I would have liked to see them a bit earlier today. We were not playing very through second half, and actually allowed them to push us back and threaten a bit in some periods. I think earlier subs could have given us better energy to gain control of the match again.

• Like 2

Â