• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Ings (Young 60)
    • Chukwuemeka (Buendía 83)
    • Tuenzebe (McGinn 88)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/12/21 at 23:59

Norwich were woeful. We totally dominated, but I was still worried we might throw it away. Annoying that we didn't kill it earlier. Some excellent close passing and movement throughout so that was a major plus. Buendia still looks off it. Watkins poor again apart from the goal. Ramsey MoM.

We have finally started to use the dark arts of killing a game. Second half Norwich started to build pressure and we met that with staying down after drawing fouls, subs and general Tom Toolery. I like it. The youngsters were a relevation , Ramsey is going to be one hell of a player, he has a bit of everything in his game, Sansom is fckued. Chuck,  his cross was absolutely unstoppable but the composure before the cross was the show of the quality we have on ours hands, sign a new contract. UTV 

• Like 1

Norwich were really poor, particularly in the first half, lacking quality although they have a number of first team players out as I understand it.

We played well, it was made easy for us at times but nice passing and interchanges again. Some sloppy passes in the second half which may have been punished by a better side and that concentration is something we definitely need to work on.

Good result though and fully deserved, if we can take three points on the weekend that would be a great week.

They’re such a poor PL side. We did well without really doing much. 

I thought Watkins was very poor but he scored, so credit to him for that. 

Ramsey, Luiz and McGinn were all good. Cash was superb. 

Beat Burnley and we can forget relegation this season and finally concentrate on finishing in the top half!

Edited by Delphinho123

Performance was fine. It would have been great to see a 2-0, 3-0 by halftime sort of thing but realistically, we're still in the first month of the Gerrard era, and we've just played one of the toughest teams in the world three days ago, so I'm not too unhappy at all. I'd be less pleased with that performance were it May 2022 but I think you'd have to look pretty hard to be discouraged about where Villa are heading based on that showing in context.

Looking at the table, we're perched up in ninth place but could easily drop back down the places quickly if teams below us pick up form, important to kick on now and with Burnley, Leeds and Brentford in the next four, we have an opportunity now, so long as injuries and illness don't get any worse.

Matty Cash - what an engine, my MOTM just ahead of Ramsey and Luiz.  Special mention to Buendia and McGinn for their first half performances.  Chuk looks great every time he comes on. 

Young shouldn't have started and Ings could't get into it after coming on.  The only real minuses but doesn't matter now.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Didn't realise young Jacob had a speech impediment. Kudos to him for coming on live tv.

Is it not just nerves?

• Like 1

Another really good performance, a decent win and a clean sheet, Norwich weren't great but our football was really slick tonight. Another 3 points against Burnley and it will be a happy Christmas.

Gerrard has done a great job so far and it's exciting watching us under him, very solid at the back but great going forward too. 

What a great assist by Carney, would be very tempting to start him against Burnley over Young. A massive prospect who makes the game look easy. 

Also a good night for Ramsey who keeps getting better and better after each game.

The future looks bright.

There is clearly an improvement with regard to in game management, I was more then sceptical about what looked like a sideways move to bump Deano for SG, but I hold my hand up and say I was wrong, he has exceededy expectations considerably. 

They are more motivated,, they move and work better off the ball, the short passing is snappier and all in the space of weeks against very tough opposition.

Brilliant.

• Like 1

Â