• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Ings (Young 60)
    • Chukwuemeka (Buendía 83)
    • Tuenzebe (McGinn 88)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/12/21 at 23:59

If you read the skysports article on tonights game they have this gem...

''The selfless Watkins set up the Argentinian...''

I'm losing count of how many open goals we have missed because he wont just lay it off for a team mate

Great game though i thought. Could see the passing game and style Gerrard is trying to bring to us. We played well i thought. McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz, Cash all brilliant. 

• Like 3

A brilliant win. Made sweeter by seeing academy players playing a big part.

We were terrific first half, but really should have made our dominance count by putting the game beyond them. As it was, the second half was unnecessarily anxious.

A great goal by Ramsey, who was brilliant all match. Chukwuemeka is now starting to look the part, and I would like to see him start.

Young needs to be backup, as does Ings. We lost our shape when Ings came on.

Sitting in 9th! We could just be going places under Gerrard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Ramsey 9/10

Cash 8.5/10

Luiz 8/10

Rest  6's and 7's

Solid overall performance, very professional, clean sheet, 3 points, 4 wins out of 6, and signs of real quality from our youth department. Great stuff. UTV.

I thought Targett and Mcginn were the best of the rest but the 3 you mention excelled and were the difference between an expected win and an underachieving draw. Well done all.

• Like 1

Here's the definitive evaluation ...  but first I woke up from a dream at 4 am (12 pm in the UK) and Villa had one two-nil.  This is the first time I have had a testable dream. Anyway

Based on the first 83 minutes ... work broke out for the last ten or so.

Emi M - 6 more a reflection of Norwich not really testing Emi never mind Villa
Cash   - 8 MoTM for me ... his lack of pass accuracy was in part the good positioning of Norwich's defence.
Konsa - 6 A respectable game a few lovely moments though
Mings - 6 Also had a respectable game some shall we say interesting moments
Targett - 7 I thought he had a good game, some good efforts on the edge of the 18
McGinn - 7 I can see why the BBC followers gave him the highest ranking, worked his socks off
Luiz       - 7 Again good game, seemed to be involved in everything
Beundia - 7 Similar Luiz in terms of effort and success
Ramsey - 8 Had an assured game and the goal was sublime bumped him up to 8
Young    - 6 A workman like performance (I understand the Ings substitution)
Watkins - 7 His work rate for is phenomenal, I thought is assist was soft, but it shows coming back defending and getting stuck in on the halfway line. I cather the lead up to his goal was excellent - looking forward to the highlights

Gerrard - 6  But the game management subs seemed to be good. Bit worrying that there seemed to be a lot knocks for the team

Referee - 6 Average by the lights of the Premier League.

Incredibly comfortable win. Looked in full control throughout. Fantastic first half. More scrappy in the second but we didn’t let them threaten us atall. 

Ramsay’s goal was ridiculous! Pure quality. He’s improving each week. Untroubled at the back really. Midfield in full control. Luiz quality on the ball, McGinn solid. Both fullbacks did really well. Watkins still not quite right, moaning too much and not as sharp but pleased with his goal. Two academy players making a huge impact today. So good to see. 

A game we should be winning and dispatched them with ease.

Gave Ramsay MOTM. But think Luiz was excellent, Cash too. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, regular_john said:

What kind of reception did Deano get from the Villa fans?

I wasn’t there but from the TV feed it sounded like they gave him a good reception. I heard chants of “Deano, Deano, Deano” late in the second half. Maybe someone here attended and can share some insight. 

I thought Young was the only real disappointment in this game even though he wasn't awful. I think his reflexes are maybe a bit on the wane and he mistimed a few prime opportunities early in the game. 

• Like 1

Good result. Good goals. Wish we had really thrashed them and controlled the game more but a good game. For Ramsey to have that much confidence to run with the ball so far and then dummy the two defenders the wrong way was brilliant. What a great bending pass from Chuk for the 2nd.

Â