• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Ings (Young 60)
    • Chukwuemeka (Buendía 83)
    • Tuenzebe (McGinn 88)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/12/21 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Very satisfying and relatively stress free 2-0 W.  Ramsey is a beauty...  love how he loves to progress the ball with his feet.  That run and finish was fantastic.  Also love Carney coming on and getting involved... fantastic ball for a tap in.  I want more Carney.  We saw a glimpse of our future and hopefully our present.

Disappointed with Young and Buendia today.  Ashley has his place in this squad for sure, but I think he's becoming Gerrard's binky a bit...  Carney in 7 minutes did more than Ashley in 58 or whatever it was.

12 out of 18 under Stevie G.  NEXT!

Fair play – that made me laugh a lot. Then I realised I was thinking of “bitty” from Little Britain 😙. Ignore me.

• Haha 1

A confusing game.

All of our players looked excellent 90% of the time, but was hard to shake the feeling that we were playing against a Championship side who were giving us time and space.

I went with Cash MOTM, but Ramsey, Luiz, Buendia and Watkins all impressed too. Mings was very solid also.

Walking away with a 2-0 win away from home, you should be happy, but I think we could have done more damage to them earlier in the game, and put the game to bed. Can't really put a finger on it. Nobody had a stinker, and generally attitudes were good, but we need to step up against better opposition.

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

There is clearly an improvement with regard to in game management, I was more then sceptical about what looked like a sideways move to bump Deano for SG, but I hold my hand up and say I was wrong, he has exceededy expectations considerably. 

They are more motivated,, they move and work better off the ball, the short passing is snappier and all in the space of weeks against very tough opposition.

Brilliant.

You understate this, the management change is MASSIVE. This is a quantum step forward, we are now a different level all because of the change. Gerrard is a very serious individual and fortune is smiling on us before he moves to Liverpool because he is the next big thing. Hopefully Purslow has a £20m+ release on him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

A confusing game.

All of our players looked excellent 90% of the time, but was hard to shake the feeling that we were playing against a Championship side who were giving us time and space.

I went with Cash MOTM, but Ramsey, Luiz, Buendia and Watkins all impressed too. Mings was very solid also.

Walking away with a 2-0 win away from home, you should be happy, but I think we could have done more damage to them earlier in the game, and put the game to bed. Can't really put a finger on it. Nobody had a stinker, and generally attitudes were good, but we need to step up against better opposition.

Can you not see that we are talking down every performance? 4 wins in 6, we lose to City and ‘Pool who are head and shoulders the best in Europe with squads double our size and value: we have won the games we needed to and lost against those we expected to, but by the narrowest of margins. We are are on a serious bit of performance momentum, and with players out who will return.

• Like 2

We were pretty comfortable throughout and more or less in control. Great goal by Ramsey. Lost it a bit midway through the second half and with a bit more luck Norwich might have equalised but the second goal was good.

Great performances from Cash, Ramsey and McGinn in particular. And it was pleasing to see Chukwuemeka put in another assured cameo. He looks so good, this lad. Have we got him tied down to a contract yet? I will be very sad if we don’t make him a key part of our future squad. There were some poor performances, I thought Watkins was ineffective and hesitant, although he took his goal well. Luiz, Young and Buendia no great shakes either. But all in all a competent, controlled win.

12 points from 6 games so far for Gerrard. There’s still a lot of work to do, in particular on chance conversion, but we look much better organised and focused than we did early season.-

Bring on The Clarets!

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

You understate this, the management change is MASSIVE. This is a quantum step forward, we are now a different level all because of the change. Gerrard is a very serious individual and fortune is smiling on us before he moves to Liverpool because he is the next big thing. Hopefully Purslow has a £20m+ release on him.

Yes I probably have and the best bit is that he's only had these lads for just over a Month, they will take it all in, they will get help from new players coming in, the kids will get to the required level faster.. etc etc. You are right, he is a considerable upgrade on Dean. He typifies exactly what we have missed for decades on and off the pitch, to win you need to be at another level that we just haven't had for years. Good times pal.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Can you not see that we are talking down every performance? 4 wins in 6, we lose to City and ‘Pool who are head and shoulders the best in Europe with squads double our size and value: we have won the games we needed to and lost against those we expected to, but by the narrowest of margins. We are are on a serious bit of performance momentum, and with players out who will return.

I didn't talk down any of the other performances mate. This is the first one under Gerrard where I've been a bit underwhelmed. I think he's doing a great job, and we have great momentum, definitely.

I thought we were great today. Amazing to see us playing these great 1 touch triangles (that other teams do) that I didn’t know we were capable. Had a bit of a dodgy spell after Ings came on for Young (even though he’d been terrible).

Great to see our youngsters playing so well. Very hard to pick a man of the match but thought Cash, Mcginn, Luiz, Ramsey and Buendia. Shout out to Watkins as well for his involvements too as he had 51 touches, which is almost unheard of for a striker and shows how involved he gets.

• Like 1

I bought Colmans mustard today for the first time in about half a year, before the match, just by chance, without thinking about how it's from Norwich. I only thought about the fact that it's from Norwich just a few minutes ago. 🤔 Coincidence.

Edited by robby b
  • Shocked 1

Â