Michael Beale

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't hear the interview, but I find it somewhat baffling that our Premier League manager continues to regularly receive advice from a manager in the Championship. Maybe they're in the wrong jobs.

This was my thought. 

Why the **** are we paying Gerrard millions for him to be getting advice from a championship manager. 

Shouldn't it be the other way round?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, useless said:

“It would take me 15 to 20 years to become as good as Michael Beale as an on-pitch coach, delivering sessions on a daily basis, so I let Mick be Mick because he's the expert."

Early impressions of Beale being free of Gerrard appear to indicate that he had a point.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was here for most of our other dismal performances last season

Maybe down to Gerrard telling the coaches how we want to play (which obviously doesn’t work) and them following orders. 

5 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Maybe down to Gerrard telling the coaches how we want to play (which obviously doesn’t work) and them following orders. 

I have a feeling that is true, he made similar comment about Critchley recently that he was training players too fast a few weeks back. I think Beale and Critchley have modern ideas and then are shot down by a guy who would be tactically outclassed by a drunk in the local pub

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 11:58, useless said:

“It would take me 15 to 20 years to become as good as Michael Beale as an on-pitch coach, delivering sessions on a daily basis, so I let Mick be Mick because he's the expert."

This is so funny because he's basically admitting he'd need 15 to 20 years to get to the point where he can be hired as a Championship manager as his first job (aka Beale). He hasn't done the hard yards as a coach. Got gifted everything by nepotism, and it's exceedingly obvious when you watch his team.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

QPR on top. 

Football looking good.

I cry in my sleep.

Beale stood for 95 % of rangers success didn't he. 

Gerrard is just a cheerleader 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 19:06, Zatman said:

I have a feeling that is true, he made similar comment about Critchley recently that he was training players too fast a few weeks back. I think Beale and Critchley have modern ideas and then are shot down by a guy who would be tactically outclassed by a drunk in the local pub

Which is probably why it would be worth having Critchley take over as caretaker, until we get someone in.

On Beale, I think it's a massive risk moving to Wolves, going from a promotion charge to a relegation battle.  If he stays at QPR he could swap places with Wolves come May.

Edited by duke313

Just now, KentVillan said:

anyone hear this?

Being discussed in the new manager thread and the general trend seems to be he's a word removed, so is his mate, and how dare anyone question AVFC.

I heard it, and I take some of it with a pinch of salt with the context of him defending himself and his mate but honestly, it passes the sniff test for me, I'm not convinced lopping out the gangrenous manager is stemming the rot, when we created an environment than empowered that manager to make the decisions he did. Something isn't right.

• Thanks 1

Beale sounds bitter his mates sacked.

If he hinestly thinks gerrards a good manager then it just shows he is abit thick. But obviously gonna protect his mate. How about we recall timmy then if you wanna bad mouth the club?

• Like 1

Â