Michael Beale

maqroll

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I give him 12-18 months. I just dont think he is a big enough personality to be manager. Being a superb coach to a superb manager ia a lot more difficult.

You deal alot more with the 121s with the players, the signings of players the flack from the fans etc. 

The players won't be good enough to play his system. It's be like Pep going in to coach Burton Albion. I'll give him the season, but I doubt we will see much progress.

Very lucky to get this job. Finished 14th and we looked dreadful at times and he gets a managers job at QPR. You can look at other assistants who have done far more and not got a sniff. 

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The players won't be good enough to play his system. It's be like Pep going in to coach Burton Albion. I'll give him the season, but I doubt we will see much progress.

Ill be suprised of QPR finish above 10th

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

quite an interesting piece/ interview with him on sky sports news now, talking about how when he was development coach for 6-9 year olds at chelsea, a lot of the premier league players now playing were coached by him. used to drive RLC to training, marc guehi's grandad was the revenred on his council estate. Went to Liverpool after 10 years at chelsea, learnt a lot about football from liverpool academy, worked with TAA there.

2018 he joined Rangers with Gerrard, family were sad to leave Glasgow in November, big expecations there, pressure in football is a privelege etc.

2021 November talking about the move to Villa, the premier league is obsessed with fitness, diet sleep, recovery, preparing for games, intense levels each week, players going in from championship is a real shock and those coming from different leageus aswell, says him, Gerrard and GMAC were a bit ahead in that respect maybe as theyve always been involved with it/around it.

Gerrard gave him great mentorship, felt he was overready for a management job, turned down a lot of opportunities but felt he couldnt keep doing that, exciting time to join the club, praises Warburton for doing a good job and having a good mentality. Wants to have the opportunity to give younger players a chance and thinks he can at QPR.

seemed to say the right stuff, now lets see if he can deliver on the pitch this coming season. First game coming up in the next hour, away at Blackburn

Lost his first game. I'm not convinced by him, I think he has great technical knowledge, but the teams he is working with, i.e us and now QPR are just not good enough to take his knowledge on board. It's like Guardiola trying to teach Rotherham to play like man City

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Zero shots on target

Didn't realise that.

Seemed he was desperate to get a managers job, far to early I reckon, an it's not as though he was bottom of the pile at Villa. As we say though, early days, so lets see aye!

15 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

tough start for him, they've got middlesborough at home and Sunderland away up next, 2 of the teams you would expect to do quite well this year.

I dont think Sunderland will be near the top 10

Way too early to say but I was not impressed one bit by our football last year and if Michael was the guy running the show it's a sleight on him.

It's a tough gig QPR, he'll have to coach the life out of them just to get them in the top half.

There's nothing going for that club.

• 2 weeks later...
Â