Michael Beale

maqroll

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

going well for Beale so far.....

I dont really have a problem with anything he said as such but he is going to struggle i think like many good coaches who try to transition to manager

On 02/08/2022 at 10:38, rodders0223 said:

Way too early to say but I was not impressed one bit by our football last year and if Michael was the guy running the show it's a sleight on him.

It's a tough gig QPR, he'll have to coach the life out of them just to get them in the top half.

There's nothing going for that club.

Apart from they are in West London and could be bought by another bored billionaire.  3 of the 4 west london clubs are in the prem now.

I’d still love to know why Beale left. Surely it wasn’t because he saw QPR as a dream job. He must have sensed this project was going to fail, or had a break down in his relationship with Gerrard. I wonder how this season would have gone with him in place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I’d still love to know why Beale left. Surely it wasn’t because he saw QPR as a dream job. He must have sensed this project was going to fail, or had a break down in his relationship with Gerrard. I wonder how this season would have gone with him in place.

I think it's clear he was the brains. Was told by a few Rangers supporting mates that that was the case and if he came with Gerrard we would be OK, if not they were worried for us. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate not everything has to have a conspiracy behind it.

Not sure why it's far fetched to think he just accepted the opportunity to be his own Manager and start his own career?

I'm sure he'll be getting more money as well.

Beale was with him for years before coming here.

Lol

How is what I suggested a conspiracy?

I just think if Beale believed this club would be challenging for European places this season, he’d have likely stuck around for another season and then could have taken on potentially a better job than QPR.

Might be wrong, of course, but don’t think I was being conspiracist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

How is what I suggested a conspiracy?

I just think if Beale believed this club would be challenging for European places this season, he’d have likely stuck around for another season and then could have taken on potentially a better job than QPR.

Might be wrong, of course, but don’t think I was being conspiracist.

We will never know but the ghosts of Culverhouse (Lambert) & O'Kelly (Deano) loom large in my mind when I think of Beale and Gerrard.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

33 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Beale wanted to try and be head coach. If he honestly believed Villa could qualify for Europe this season I think he would have stayed, but he didn’t. I guess we would have been somewhat more structured with him still here, but it’s for the best the SG experiment ends now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Beale wanted to try and be head coach. If he honestly believed Villa could qualify for Europe this season I think he would have stayed, but he didn’t. I guess we would have been somewhat more structured with him still here, but it’s for the best the SG experiment ends now.

Yep, my guess is Beale felt Gerrard was getting more out of him than vice versa.

Gerrard had given him the exposure of winning a title with Rangers, getting the big PL move, and now after an ok season it had run its course, and he could see his stock wouldn’t be any higher at the end of this season.

I just think Beale going was a pretty solid indicator that the project wasn’t quite what Purslow had sold us.

Very different from O’Kelly, who I think just genuinely wanted to retire (plus probably felt he was getting sidelined anyway).

10 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We will never know but the ghosts of Culverhouse (Lambert) & O'Kelly (Deano) loom large in my mind when I think of Beale and Gerrard.

Everything did get worse for each one after their trusted Assistants left.

• Like 1

Â