Michael Beale

maqroll

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Being discussed in the new manager thread and the general trend seems to be he's a word removed, so is his mate, and how dare anyone question AVFC.

I heard it, and I take some of it with a pinch of salt with the context of him defending himself and his mate but honestly, it passes the sniff test for me, I'm not convinced lopping out the gangrenous manager is stemming the rot, when we created an environment than empowered that manager to make the decisions he did. Something isn't right.

Cheers, yeah makes sense, but just wondering if anyone has the clip?

I do think since the summer we sold Grealish, we’ve just looked completely devoid of a strategy. Smith went from having a squad designed for his 4-3-3 system, with mostly young “development” signings being made, to then trying to shoehorn players into a 3-5-2 to then Gerrard signing older players.

It does feel like something god abandoned, and that both managers have had to work with players they didn’t particularly want.

Although I feel more sorry for Smith than for Gerrard. He *was* backed with Digne, Coutinho, Carlos, Kamara, etc.

But it’s worrying if people are openly talking about this - surprised Beale didn’t have to sign an NDA when he left tbh!?

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Cheers, yeah makes sense, but just wondering if anyone has the clip?

I do think since the summer we sold Grealish, we’ve just looked completely devoid of a strategy. Smith went from having a squad designed for his 4-3-3 system, with mostly young “development” signings being made, to then trying to shoehorn players into a 3-5-2 to then Gerrard signing older players.

It does feel like something god abandoned, and that both managers have had to work with players they didn’t particularly want.

Although I feel more sorry for Smith than for Gerrard. He *was* backed with Digne, Coutinho, Carlos, Kamara, etc.

But it’s worrying if people are openly talking about this - surprised Beale didn’t have to sign an NDA when he left tbh!?

If true it's not good at all. The manager circus isn't massive, and word travels fast. If stuff like that leaks publically you can only imagine what is being said in text messages, calls and behind closed doors as prospective managers are sounding us out with those in the know. 

Also, it makes Beale look like an unprofessional asshole airing stuff like that to the press. 

Edited by daft

32 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

anyone hear this?

club just sacked his mate due to poor performances, many of which he was in the dugout for, so it's hardly "WOW" that he'd have less than favourable things to say about it

• Like 1

"They’ve had two outstanding managers in the last two years and for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out so they may have to look at the way the club is run or the model. Is the recruitment all in line? There’s a lot of good people behind the scenes that have got a lot of despair at the moment.

"I feel for the fans because it’s a wonderful football club, but no, I gave my commitment here the other day. There’s certainly no interest on my part. A few of my friends have lost their jobs in the last few days."

Here’s the quotes. What a bitter little lemon. I’m sure there’s more but he’s not exactly complaining about the loans we gave QPR.

Your mate Stevie did more to upend the recruitment strategy by leaving us with no wingers to fit a system the players didn’t like. Fantastic revisionism from Beale.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-beale-gives-scathing-aston-25332213

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

"They’ve had two outstanding managers in the last two years and for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out so they may have to look at the way the club is run or the model. Is the recruitment all in line? There’s a lot of good people behind the scenes that have got a lot of despair at the moment.

"I feel for the fans because it’s a wonderful football club, but no, I gave my commitment here the other day. There’s certainly no interest on my part. A few of my friends have lost their jobs in the last few days."

Here’s the quotes. What a bitter little lemon. I’m sure there’s more but he’s not exactly complaining about the loans we gave QPR.

Your mate Stevie did more to upend the recruitment strategy by leaving us with no wingers to fit a system the players didn’t like. Fantastic revisionism from Beale.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-beale-gives-scathing-aston-25332213

There's one bitter person in this post, and it ain't Beale.

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wow. He is essentially asking a rhetorical question and some asshole makes it out like he has questioned the whole set-up? 

Journalism. Jesus christ. 

• Like 1

Â