Michael Beale

maqroll

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I thought it refreshing at the time he turned Wolves down given how well QPR were going at the time. Respected that the bright lights of premier league wouldn't seduce everyone.

Then they lost poorly to SHA a few days later and their form has been bad since so who knows perhaps a few of their fans are getting on his back and he thinks he might be sacked if they don't win their first 3-4 games back after the break.

He will know all of the Rangers squad aswell inside out so I can see reasons for him doing this.

Not sure its a step up really. Gerrard only got the Villa job because of his reputation and his mate.

Other better managers never got that option

10 hours ago, useless said:

When more Premier League jobs become available then Dyche will have a good chance of getting one of them, as soon as a midtable to lower table team sack their manager he will be amongst the favorites, so I doubt he feels he needs to start thinking about Championship clubs at the moment, let alone at a team like QPR who don't have a great squad, if he was to go to a Championship team at all would be one with a good chance of promotion, QPR just outside the play-offs now, but they've overachieved, promotion not really expected of them.

Bournemouth, Wolves, Villa and Southampton job were available, and he was nowhere near getting any of them. It’ll be Championship for him.

34 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bournemouth, Wolves, Villa and Southampton job were available, and he was nowhere near getting any of them. It’ll be Championship for him.

Didn't he turn wolves down?

There should be a minimum term obligation in manager/player contracts of at least a year or two once you sign for a club. Ridiculous that clubs can just come and take assets away after barely a few months of said player/manager being at a club. That Chelsea approach for Lavia at Southampton was absurd but that seems to be Boehly’s mantra 

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

There should be a minimum term obligation in manager/player contracts of at least a year or two once you sign for a club. Ridiculous that clubs can just come and take assets away after barely a few months of said player/manager being at a club.  

Aaaah yes, an extra year for Gerrard just because. Great idea.

People change jobs - it's as simple as that. Some last 6 months, others 10 years, football management is no different.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Aaaah yes, an extra year for Gerrard just because. Great idea.

People change jobs - it's as simple as that. Some last 6 months, others 10 years, football management is no different.

Well considering managers are protected with their contracts being paid out after being dismissed, what I mean is other clubs should not be able to approach you to take someone youve just appointed yourselves until at least a year has passed minimum

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Well considering managers are protected with their contracts being paid out after being dismissed, what I mean is other clubs should not be able to approach you to take someone youve just appointed yourselves until at least a year has passed minimum

But when Real Madrid approach Villa to take Emery in January, they would likely have to pay a crazy amount, an amount we decided is enough to entertain the idea. 

Honestly, it's no different than any other job.

If we are to change a manager every week but we get 100m each week to do so, we'd be the best club in the world in 1 seasons time. 

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The clubs are protected as well, QPR will receive copensation.

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

There should be a minimum term obligation in manager/player contracts of at least a year or two once you sign for a club. Ridiculous that clubs can just come and take assets away after barely a few months of said player/manager being at a club. That Chelsea approach for Lavia at Southampton was absurd but that seems to be Boehly’s mantra 

You can’t stop people from being able to take other jobs if they want to do that.

Â