Michael Beale

maqroll

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever that we offered him the job, firstly we just wouldn't because he was part of a management team that had already failed with us, and also he would never be seen as first choice ahead of Emery.

Wolves offered him their managerial job, but as I said at the time I think it was more as a stop-gap manager until Lopetegui was ready, and Beale knowing this turned them down.

If Beale does leave OPR will be interesting to see who they go for to replace him, Eustace would be a good choice for them, Critchley might be linked as well.

Dyche? He can't get a Premier League club and going to a west london club is good for your media profile.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wonder if he's used QPR as a 'stepping stone'?

Ever since he went there he's been linked with other jobs, weird.

A two-horse race isn't much of a challenge for a supposedly promising manager.

Who wouldn’t use the QPR job as a stepping stone? What do you think his plan was, to be there for two decades and lead them to champions league glory?!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who wouldn’t use the QPR job as a stepping stone? What do you think his plan was, to be there for two decades and lead them to champions league glory?!

Why not, I did on Championship Manager. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Or he has a great reputation in the game as the next up and coming thing, multiple languages, environments, good CV and good references 

He had a great reputation at Rangers.

He speaks basic Portuguese.

CV is okay.

Alex McLeish had good references.

I wish Beale all the best, but football is littered with these highly regarded assistant coaches who never make the step up (Steve McLaren!?)

1 hour ago, useless said:

When more Premier League jobs become available then Dyche will have a good chance of getting one of them, as soon as a midtable to lower table team sack their manager he will be amongst the favorites, so I doubt he feels he needs to start thinking about Championship clubs at the moment, let alone at a team like QPR who don't have a great squad, if he was to go to a Championship team at all would be one with a good chance of promotion, QPR just outside the play-offs now, but they've overachieved, promotion not really expected of them.

Didn't get Wolves or Southampton job did he. Possibly Everton if they sack Frank.

Edited by The Fun Factory

This season, after 21 games they’re 7th with 31 points.

Last season, after 21 games they were 5th with 35 points.

I’m not sure how much QPR are going to miss him. 

Does make me wonder what went on with the Wolves job offer. Didn’t fancy a relegation battle, not happy with their transfer policy, knew a return to Glasgow was a possibility…maybe a bit of all three.

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What a word removed. He can't play the loyalty card if any Rangers player wants to leave to go to  a half decent league.

Going from the Championship to the Scottish Prem is trading down.

I'd respect him if he was going to Motherwell or similar challenge. 

The Old Firm is a bubble. 

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Tbf the same people also claimed Gerrard was going to do the same with us for his inevitable move to Liverpool... Like yeah who wouldn't leave us for Liverpool? 

• Like 1

Â