Michael Beale

maqroll

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yep, my guess is Beale felt Gerrard was getting more out of him than vice versa.

Gerrard had given him the exposure of winning a title with Rangers, getting the big PL move, and now after an ok season it had run its course, and he could see his stock wouldn’t be any higher at the end of this season.

This is I can maybe agree with.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so, is Beale playing the shi**y 4321 at QPR, or has he gone for a proper formation?

He plays the shitty 433. Source whoscored.com

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so, is Beale playing the shi**y 4321 at QPR, or has he gone for a proper formation?

I haven't seen every game but from what I have - he plays a more modern 433 with the occasional 4231 sprinkled about it. Doesn't have almost any of the characteristics of the Villa team. Your typical 433 with runners from the midfield and then the fullbacks ocassionally supporting. Note that he doesn't set it up like a Barca 433 where the wingers are on the touchline. They're definitely more like wide forwards but the key is he has them defending flatter and does not have the fullbacks constantly bombing on in attack. He also plays wingers that run directly at the opponent, in particular Willock has been having a good season for them.

Tim has been playing as an 8 and hasn't looked particularly out of place. Needs some polishing but good to know he can play the role.

So a little bit of what you saw at Villa but much more tactical nuance to it - at least as much as he can given the team he has.

Just to temper things a touch, at the same stage last season QPR had 21 points (they have 24 at the moment).

They had a terrible final third of the season, winning 4 and losing 11 of their final 17 games. Basically had a bloody good go at outdoing Brucey at the Hawthorns.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Gerrard would be nowhere near top 3 with that qpr side 

Of course he wouldn't.

Probably in the worst two or three managers in the top two divisions.

Does nothing to justify his salary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very interesting interview on Talksport.

Briefly spoke about Villa, mentioned that he speaks to SG 3 times a week sharing ideas and giving advice.

Also mentioned that we are club that was in the Championship a few years ago and we need to build a strong identity.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Very interesting interview on Talksport.

Briefly spoke about Villa, mentioned that he speaks to SG 3 times a week sharing ideas and giving advice.

Also mentioned that we are club that was in the Championship a few years ago and we need to build a strong identity.

It is why patience is important.

I was talking to some fans of other clubs over the weekend and they asked are Villa fans particularly impatient; without any hesitation I affirmed the majority were.

• Like 2

Â