Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

He's actually signed players that improve the squad and our performances are going backwards, that should tell you all you need to know about where the problem is.

Smith had to go when he did but in his defence he had to bed in a number of new players and completely change our approach for the entire team due to the fact we lost Grealish. All things taken into account this current situation is way worse than what Smith was sacked for IMO.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fans that aren’t going because they hate everything right now under Gerrard is understandable. It’s the season ticket holders that feel this way that have been shafted a bit. They’ve paid for their tickets so may as well go unless they are able to sell it back to club. Something that will become more and more difficult when we can’t sell out. 

Those that hate everything and are still buying tickets to go to games need to really consider why they are doing this to themselves!

One of our mates that comes with us who’s also a season ticket holder hasn’t been to the last 2 games as he just can’t be bothered with the travelling to watch the crap currently on display

Edited by rbcuk

2 hours ago, jim said:

Would 8 points from 12 with one goal conceded not be a good return? 

On the surface it would be decent Jim.

I think theain worry is performances, people aren't encouraged that we will get anywhere near where we aspire to be, and will be easily " found out " and undone by better teams in the long run.

Hence hindering progress.

41 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The 8 points from 24 so far is not a good return and that's the wider issue. 

It isn't I don't disagree. However IF and it is a big IF results continue to improve then the board will stick by him. We had 3 points from the first 5 games which was not good enough but it the last three we have picked up 5 points and conceded only once so there are signs of improvement. If it continues great, if not he will be sacked and rightly so. 

• Like 1

I don't know why we have to keep evaluating him on a rolling basis. Why should we look at the last 3/4 games when deciding on his job and not the wider picture? That seems quite convenient, and the actions of someone who is desperate to keep him on which I don't put past Purslow. In 3 games we'll hit "continuous improvement" territory. I don't expect our 2022 average by that point to be much more than 1.0 PPG. There's no way this should be considered good enough, but I'm sure some will find an excuse.

• Like 3

Forget about Europe or top 10 e.t.c.

The brand of shite football were playing at the minute has one aim, for Gerrard to keep his job.

He does not care one iota about us as a club and all he's doing is looking after number one while dragging us down with him.

The CEO then has the gall to say were a work in progress despite sacking Dean Smith because he wasn't capable of taking us to the next level. 

I'm sick of it, he should have been sacked weeks ago.

Edited by AshVilla

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Forget about Europe or top 10 e.t.c.

The brand of shite football were playing at the minute has one aim, for Gerrard to keep his job.

He does not care one iota about us as a club and all he's doing is looking after number one while dragging us down with him.

The CEO then has the gall to say were a work in progress despite sacking Dean Smith because he wasn't capable of taking us to the next level. 

I'm sick of it, he should have been sacked weeks ago.

Maybe he should’ve been, it’s a valid argument, but surely they are not going to sack him now we are slowly picking up points?

Smith was sacked for Gerrard because he is apparently more marketable.  Purslow was itching to sack him for this reason.

Never mind the football.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

Smith was sacked for Gerrard because he apparently more marketable.  Purslow was itching to sack him for this reason.

Never mind the football.

To be fair, to an extent I understand the thinking.

Like it or not, football is a business, we are trying to raise our profile on a worldwide scale etc.

However, that won't count for much if you end up being shit as a result, the novelty quickly erodes and it becomes counter productive.

Then the only benefit is then that ALOT more people worldwide now know your shite instead of just Villa fans 😂

It should be an exercise in finding a good balance of a high profile manager, who can also get the best out of the team as well as grow the club and grow with it on all facets.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

He may well do.

Would you be happy having someone in charge who was that easily influenced? Especially when our setup hasn't been working for God knows how long, he should have tried something different a long time ago.

Â