Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, daft said:

Well that explains you activity here! 😃

I’m just good at multi tasking and I’m wide because ermmmmm I’m “big boned” is that still an excuse that is used? 😂

• Haha 1

Just to make a point, Forrest fans are virtually 100% behind Cooper, but that isn't gonna stop him getting the sack.

If you think the owners need to hear boos and see cabbages thrown on the pitch to pull the trigger, then you are deluded 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Online forums and Social Media is one thing, but until there is actual displeasure at matches I can't see him being sacked.

I agree mate, but I felt during the last 5mins of the Southampton game that the Holte was close to losing it. Had they equalised I’m positive it would have gone. 

53 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just to make a point, Forrest fans are virtually 100% behind Cooper, but that isn't gonna stop him getting the sack.

If you think the owners need to hear boos and see cabbages thrown on the pitch to pull the trigger, then you are deluded 

Hmm, I think it works one way and not the other. Big support won’t change much if owners are going to sack, but fan protests would harm any manager in the eyes of the owner.

40 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree mate, but I felt during the last 5mins of the Southampton game that the Holte was close to losing it. Had they equalised I’m positive it would have gone. 

It is simmering though, when the bad result happens I think its going to get very nasty

We've scored the same amount of goals as Forest and Bournemouth and we have Ings, Watkins, Coutinho and Buendia available to use. Maybe the fact that 2 of them barely get a kick is the problem.

Why is he still here? I really don't understand what the board are waiting for, the performances are getting worse, he's not going to suddenly switch us to playing magic football given we've gone backwards since he arrived.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Yup. Purslow will just kick the can down the road and waste more of our time. 

Would 8 points from 12 with one goal conceded not be a good return? 

1 minute ago, jim said:

Would 8 points from 12 with one goal conceded not be a good return? 

Why just look at results over four games, three of which will have been against poor (very poor in two cases) sides.

He's nowhere near getting the potential out of this squad, and draining us with dire performances in the process.

17 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We cannot accept being happy with a point vs Leeds. 

Not if our stated ambition remains to push, at least, for a place in Europe. If our ambitions have now changed to remaining outside the relegation places and keep our existing manager then I guess we’re really chuffed. 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Not if our stated ambition remains to push, at least, for a place in Europe. If our ambitions have now changed to remaining outside the relegation places and keep our existing manager then I guess we’re really chuffed. 

Our new sell to buy policy would indicate the latter.

• Like 1

Fans that aren’t going because they hate everything right now under Gerrard is understandable. It’s the season ticket holders that feel this way that have been shafted a bit. They’ve paid for their tickets so may as well go unless they are able to sell it back to club. Something that will become more and more difficult when we can’t sell out. 

Those that hate everything and are still buying tickets to go to games need to really consider why they are doing this to themselves!

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO,with our squad we should be finishing 8/10th but under SG we will be lucky to finish 17th....... How long does he need to prove he is useless in the Premier League ( 5 seasons ? )

It would be nice to get some clarity on this from Purlsow. 

The new transfer policy, the stadium investments and the investment in youth would seem that the push for Europe is on hold or cancelled.  Would explain why Gerrard is still at the helm and not been sacked.

Thats a silly attitude from management as well.If we are looking to the future then thay need to make up their mind,what future they are looking at.A future in the Championship or a future in the Premier League.If its a future in the Championship then Gerrard is the right man for the job.If they are looking for a future in the Premier League then Gerrard is not even close to the sort of manager we need. 

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The issue is simple.

We play turgid football without proper direction.

We already have the players to not play this type of football. Gerrard doesn't have a clue how to use them.

This is where the frustration comes from.

I can understand frustration and I think we're worse under SG than DS, but there has been such a typical Villa fan online over-reaction of late, that's my point in a nutshell.

Â