Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I'm on the waiting list for a season ticket, and while my attendance died down a bit before relegation, every season since our first in the Championship I've gone to a decent number of home games (think I did around 10 last season + similar in the first season back up, cup games as well).

I've been down once this season and that was because my mate had a spare for me. Haven't even bothered renewing my membership because I'm not in a rush to get tickets for any game.

The tactics are ridiculous and the football is dire. I'm not paying £35 quid minimum to endure this and suspect there are loads of others like me who feel the same.

Really hope the hierarchy act soon because so much of the good will and bond with the fans is being pissed away under Gerrard

Yep, same here.  Me and 5 others bought and went to 10+ games last year.  

This year we have been to 1 game at the start of the season and have no intention of going to any more games until Gerrard is gone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I think if you gave Gerrard any one of the Premier League sides they’d be in a worse position than they currently are. He’s not a struggling genius working with his hands tied behind his back, he’s a very poor manager. 

Gerrard could relegate us and he'd find a way to blame the players for not rolling up their sleeves enough.

42 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I think if you gave Gerrard any one of the Premier League sides they’d be in a worse position than they currently are. He’s not a struggling genius working with his hands tied behind his back, he’s a very poor manager. 

A very poor manager who was no doubt using us as an audition for his big role at Liverpool.

A role he has absolutely no hope of getting now after the past 12 months.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Thats such an easy cop out.....and too easy to hide behind.

There are plenty of failed footballers, who have been unable to be rescued byTop Managers......was it all Deli Alli's managers fault? or Ross Barkleys managers fault? as just 2 examples of many.

Kids who fail at school, is it always the teachers fault.

You have to take responsibility for yourself......thats what top pro's do...its what top achievers do.

Was Ron Saunders some coaching guru?

I give up 

• Like 3

Whether Gerrard is the right man for the job and will turn things around is starting to come irrelevant. The fans are what make the club and with so many feeling this disgruntled with the numbers only growing each game the owners are undoing a lot of the good work they have done over the years.  

The time will come when they eventually have to make a call on whether keeping faith in his project is worth alienating so many supporters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

To be honest. Everyone wants him out so why aren't the fans doing something about it on match days? 

Because we’ve gained 7 points from our last 4 games home games. You cant really turn on a manger in those circumstances. 

The only real protest at this stage is not to go to games. Empty seats is never a good look.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because we’ve gained 7 points from our last 4 games home games. You cant really turn on a manger in those circumstances. 

the last manager had 7 points from his last 5 home games and was sacked

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

To be honest. Everyone wants him out so why aren't the fans doing something about it on match days? 

Just a thought. Maybe it’s because the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh words of your post are not correct?

Villatalk is not the same as the wider fanbase. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Just a thought. Maybe it’s because the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh words of your post are not correct?

Put his name in twitter 

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Put his name in twitter 

Or try and find another fan who rates him.

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I'll try again.

What have you seen to still be of the opinion Gerrard is worth sticking with?

I'd like to know because I'll enjoy Villa more if I think the manager is building towards something.

UTV

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Or try and find another fan who rates him.

I'll try again.

What have you seen to still be of the opinion Gerrard is worth sticking with?

I'd like to know because I'll enjoy Villa more if I think the manager is building towards something.

UTV

You will never get an answer

• Like 1

I don't want us to be looking for a new manager because that means that we are in trouble, so can someone give me some hope that Gerrard knows what he is doing, and that he is starting to get performances out of this fairly decent squad? I can't see much, but being fair at Leeds we did get another clean sheet, and we did have more than enough chances to win the game. Is Ings totally incapable of playing up top on his own? Why doesn't Buendia get the nod to start, he always looks good when he comes on. Why won't Gerrard change formation, try a 4-2-3-1, see if that gives more balance to the squad?

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

To be honest, you've got a point.

There are people on other social media sites who are very much still behind him and think he needs time and backing.

For some reason, us on VT sometimes seem to think we are the authority on Villa fans feelings.

I do think the split across all channels is closer to 50/50 than an overhwelimg majority either way.

However a few of the influencial bloggers are not happy, and probably sway opinion too. ( These are pretty fair bloggers as well )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â