Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, you've got a point.

There are people on other social media sites who are very much still behind him and think he needs time and backing.

For some reason, us on VT sometimes seem to think we are the authority on Villa fans feelings.

I do think the split across all channels is closer to 50/50 than an overhwelimg majority either way.

However a few of the influencial bloggers are not happy, and probably sway opinion too. ( These are pretty fair bloggers as well )

Who?

Who is still very much behind him?

How can anyone with eyes have this opinion?

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Just a thought. Maybe it’s because the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh words of your post are not correct?

Villatalk is not the same as the wider fanbase. 

There’s nothing wrong with the 5th, 6th and 7th words.

Only the 4th is up for debate.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Who?

Who is still very much behind him?

How can anyone with eyes have this opinion?

He has 5pts from last 3 including Man City that should've been a victory. Why would owners knee jerk now?

35 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Surely it’s a matter of expectation?

If the expectation was to stay up, dig in and grind out points from games then he’s doing a sterling job with his pragmatic approach. 

Sadly the expectation - set by the club - was to break into the top 7 with flowing, creative attacking football. By that measure Gerrard isn’t ticking any goals off, or seemingly working towards them in any way.

If expectation has changed then they should be honest about it. I’m not sure it would change fan’s minds, but there may be more of an understanding. If it hasn’t changed and we’re still looking to be ambitious then there’s only one outcome. 

Great post!

And if the expectations have changed then Purslow should come out and admit that sacking Smith was a mistake...

58 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Surely, if we lose against Forest, a team with a long run of defeats and who've conceded something like 16 goals in their last 4 games, he has to go? 

Yes he would, but we will beat them 1-0 and then all his groupies will tell us there isn't anything wrong and we should just get behind the team...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Surely, if we lose against Forest, a team with a long run of defeats and who've conceded something like 16 goals in their last 4 games, he has to go? 

You would think so, but then remember that he have gotten away with the results and performances so far this season. I predict that he is safe until the WC break, no matter how bad we do until then.

I predict the Nottingham game will be like the West Ham/Southampton/Leeds games, we would be disastrously bad, and the result will depend if Forest can top the level of badness.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes he would, but we will beat them 1-0 and then all his groupies will tell us there isn't anything wrong and we should just get behind the team...

Yup. Purslow will just kick the can down the road and waste more of our time. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Just a thought. Maybe it’s because the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh words of your post are not correct?

Villatalk is not the same as the wider fanbase. 

I'm part of the official supporters club in Adelaide, about as far away from Villa Park as you can get and every single member of our official supporters club wants him gone..

Your whole statement is not correct, I represent the wider fanbase 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, you've got a point.

There are people on other social media sites who are very much still behind him and think he needs time and backing.

For some reason, us on VT sometimes seem to think we are the authority on Villa fans feelings.

I do think the split across all channels is closer to 50/50 than an overhwelimg majority either way.

However a few of the influencial bloggers are not happy, and probably sway opinion too. ( These are pretty fair bloggers as well )

I just don’t think that’s true. When I read across most social platforms the majority want him gone.  Of course like VT there will be a few that want him to stay and have more time but yes VT can be an echo chamber sometimes but on this subject it seems in line with most forums.  

In fact I’d go as far as to say it reflects what I’m hearing outside the social media platform in pubs, work, friends, colleagues and when I’m at the ground. I’m struggling to find anybody but a few on social media that back him now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I just don’t think that’s true. When I read across most social platforms the majority want him gone.  Of course like VT there will be a few that want him to stay and have more time but yes VT can be an echo chamber sometimes but on this subject it seems in line with most forums.  

In fact I’d go as far as to say it reflects what I’m hearing outside the social media platform in pubs, work, friends, colleagues and when I’m at the ground. I’m struggling to find anybody but a few on social media that back him now.

It's very few, they just make a lot of noise so they seem like a bigger percentage 

Every fan I know personally want him gone but they not as desperate as some on here. As in they don’t think it’s ‘poison’, ‘toxic’, worst football ever etc. 

But most think it’s all a bit shit. 

As I said before if we continue to grind out points the way we seem to have to started to the only way the owners will sack him is if fans protest with their feet.  Empty seats would get their attention regardless of results.  

In my opinion of course. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Online forums and Social Media is one thing, but until there is actual displeasure at matches I can't see him being sacked.

While fans can sway the board/owners, you have to factor it won’t just be their basis of firing.  The owners can’t be happy either with what they are seeing and can do it off their own back.  They are seeing the same as us and in this modern age they will be receiving updates of fans feelings from various social formats, just standard business practice these days.  

My point though is that some are assuming fans have to show physically their displeasure of not going to games for the owners to act.  The owners may act because they are feeling the same as us so fire him off their own back and views. They aren’t stupid are they!

Â