Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have to say Tom....That performance was Rancid.

To be fair to you, I actually thought the players were particularly poor last night. Regardless of the managers set up we should have done more against them. Not a lot of credit to dish out last night.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Smith had more credit in the bank than this guy does, owners got shot of Smith and Bruce, here's hoping they pull the trigger quickly on this one. 

Smith and Bruce didn’t tickle Purslow’s pickle in the same way

If we were in the position having played tough, top 8 opponents all season I’d allow a little more time but the fact is, we’ve failed to accrue points from bang average/poor teams and have yet to play the ‘big boys’….

we’re doomed if we retain him as manager

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The "I need my big attacking players to step up" comments last night all feels very Steve Bruce where he just relies on a moment of individual magic from someone to score a goal. Rather than have a systematic approach to continuously create chances. It's dour and outdated.

He is just a modern day Bruce. 

To add to this, I saw it pointed out that Villa's last 9 Premier League goals - which stretches as far back as last season - have all come from different players. It doesn't really suggest there's any proper patterns of play  being implemented if the goals are spread out so scattergun.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

To add to this, I saw it pointed out that Villa's last 9 Premier League goals - which stretches as far back as last season - have all come from different players. It doesn't really suggest there's any proper patterns of play  being implemented if the goals are spread out so scattergun.

Yeah this is absolutely bizarre. Never heard of anything like this happening.

Even in my 5 a side team, which is a notorious format for sporadic goal scoring.

I'd hope that twitter post is bollocks, because it'd be genuinely shocking that the club are so out of touch they think that his position. remains tenable.

When you've got the away fans chanting they want you gone, your goose is cooked. It's absolute negligence to leave this man in his post any longer, and if Purslow doesn't see that, the owners need to get rid of him too.

Edited by Davkaus

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If we were in the position having played tough, top 8 opponents all season I’d allow a little more time but the fact is, we’ve failed to accrue points from bang average/poor teams and have yet to play the ‘big boys’….

we’re doomed if we retain him as manager

Was a season under Lambert we had 10 points from 9 games and we had started with Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea then had City, Spurs and Everton later in that run and we signed players like Bacuna

This season we have 9 points and played 2 good teams so far

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Genuinely shocking that the club are so out of touch they think that his positions remains tenable.

When you've got the away fans chanting they want you gone, your goose is cooked. It's absolute negligence to leave this man in his post any longer, and if Purslow doesn't see that, the owners need to get rid of him too.

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488604rrp31txciitr61b8

Purslow right now 😥

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have to concede, that football last night....scared me.....it was beyond Rancid.

I am not going to hound him out, while he is still our manager.

I will rely on the club to do the right thing.....but this low grade of football cannot continue.

I just hope they have someone in mind, who can turn this around.

The football have been the same for a long time, it isn’t like yesterday was a one off. Maybe it have become more obvious how rubbish we are, but this season we have not played one match where the performance could be called average, it have all been bad. Even matches we have won, the performance have been poor.

Not sure how you are going to hound him out after he have left, but do your best.

I find it shocking that the club haven’t sacked him yet, because now it seems to be clear to everybody that there is no future with Gerrard.

• Like 2

I really doubt or at least hope the board are basing anything on the current table, that would be beyond moronic so early in the league.

Our form and performances, particularly taking into account the pretty favourable run of fixtures we started the season with speak for themselves. Not to mention the back end of last season.

Smith was sacking on the back of finishing 11th, having his best player sold and having quickly find a system to accommodate our “replacements” for Jack. Gerrard has nothing in the bank and little in extenuating circumstances. If Smith was sacking for not delivering “continual improvement” then Gerrard should be immediately blasted into space for this longstanding continual regression of almost every facet he has influence of.

• Like 3

The game Sunday is going to be toxic if he’s still here and we go a goal down, surely these owners are watching the performances and most home games now going to general sale when previously they never went to that, the fans have had enough of him

It always feels that the media is either completely out of touch with the feelings of Villa fans, or they claim that we're all wrong and are overreacting.

We've seen a gradual decline over the past 11 months that's completely contrary to the board's supposed "continuous improvement" ethos. I don't think I've seen a single game,  from the tail end of last season to now, that's given me any hope that things will change. Every single week it's exactly the same. Shit team selections, shit tactics, shit performances, shit responses. We might snatch the odd win against the worst sides in the leagues through an individual moment of brilliance or a defensive brain fart, but other than that we're going to struggle against every team that we face this season until we finally sack off this arrogant clown.

• Like 1

Â