Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I really thought this was a good appointment and Gerrard would slowly grow into being a top manager but it’s clearly not working right now.

Will it change over the next few weeks? Unlikely, which will make his position untenable I would have thought.  What a shame.  

It's over. There is absolutely no reason or possible explanation to not sack him tomorrow. He's had time, he's had money and we still appear to have no gameplan and the performances have been dire both as a team and largely, individuals too.

It hasnt worked and its not working. They board need to do what has to be done.

• Like 3

I wonder how long the guys upstairs will let this go on...

It's not just losing games that's the issue. Out of form players being guaranteed starts every week, no real identity, regressed defensively, massively underachieving with a squad that is easily capable of a top 12 finish at least. He doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of this group of players. I previously thought that he should be given a good few months but he has to go now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

I wonder how long the guys upstairs will let this go on...

It's not just losing games that's the issue. Out of form players being guaranteed starts every week, no real identity, regressed defensively, massively underachieving with a squad that is easily capable of a top 12 finish at least. He doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of this group of players. I previously thought that he should be given a good few months but he has to go now.

Every week this word removed stays in the job is a black mark against Purslow in my book. Have some balls and draw a line under a disastrous experiment that's set out club back years.

If they stick with this, the new north stand will be the envy of the Championship.

Â