The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

17 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Right ill put this progress right.  

He finished 3rd his first season

Celtic then sold everything of value that was not nailed down.

Rodgers decided to leave.

They got Neil Lennon in.

Rangers threw the kitchen sink at stopping 10 in a row.  Posted 23m lose last week and are again in serious trouble.

The only trophy in won in his 3 years was during covid with no fans for half the games.

Making him out to this great progressive manager is far off the mark.

Alot to prove and unfortunately again our club if taking massive gambles.  Dr T would be happy with the gamble 

Thanks for that.  I just had a look at transfer activity of both Celtic and Rangers on transfer market and Rangers spent 20 million before winning the league. Celtic spent 35m.

Now I know that site is not always accurate but it doesn’t seem to suggest Celtic didn’t reinvest?

I know wages have to be considered too

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Shouldn’t they save the huge budget for next summer? And if true is this suggesting they were holding back funds last summer?

I would say yes to both of those questions. In particular, I’ve always thought they deliberately held money back in the summer. I wondered if they felt that Smith had had enough and had to sink or swim. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

So Howe to Newcastle, Lampard to Norwich and Gerrard to Villa. How many of these young up and coming English managers will be relegated in about 6 months time. My money is on 2 of them

They are all starting at the shitty end of the table so it’s gonna be a tough task for sure. 

2 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Not well when McPhee stays on and we have 2.

Perhaps one coach can coach the player taking the set piece, and the other can coach the other players - but in two separate areas where they can't see each other. 

Would deffo be an improvement 👍

• Haha 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Tuned out of this thread about 150 pages ago, but now we know it's going to be Gerrard, has the mood changed? Are we enthused?

For me it's kind of more accepted and going to get behind the new setup. Just slowly managing to manipulate myself into being excited about it....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just read that when he took over Rangers they had finished 30 points behind Celtic. That’s some progress to be fair.

Not sure where you are getting that from but It was 12. Just 12.  Less points than Dean improved us between our first season in the PL and our second. 

• Sad 1