The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

FWIW, I don't doubt that you have information.  I just found the entire exchange between you and some others to be very humorous, primarily because your initial explanation of how you got the information came across as very cryptic and the clarification process was a bit of a bumpy ride.  I'm a non-venomous snake.  Stick around.  Share info when you have it.  Have some fun.

Thanks I will share when I can 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just read that when he took over Rangers they had finished 30 points behind Celtic. That’s some progress to be fair.

Right ill put this progress right.  

He finished 3rd his first season

Celtic then sold everything of value that was not nailed down.

Rodgers decided to leave.

They got Neil Lennon in.

Rangers threw the kitchen sink at stopping 10 in a row.  Posted 23m lose last week and are again in serious trouble.

The only trophy in won in his 3 years was during covid with no fans for half the games.

Making him out to this great progressive manager is far off the mark.

Alot to prove and unfortunately again our club if taking massive gambles.  Dr T would be happy with the gamble 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Why couldn’t he be the solution?

You can ask this question of literally anybody in the world. I'm asking specifically what it is about him that makes him the solution to this problem. I can't see what it is. "He could be" doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?

4 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

FWIW, I don't doubt that you have information.  I just found the entire exchange between you and some others to be very humorous, primarily because your initial explanation of how you got the information came across as very cryptic and the clarification process was a bit of a bumpy ride.  I'm a non-venomous snake.  Stick around.  Share info when you have it.  Have some fun.

I understand that @ada86 shared some info and didn’t want to give away his source which is fair enough. But please, for the love of Macca, will someone tell me what the original information was?

I’m looking forward to the first interview, about the vision, and the ambition of the club. I imagine that’s one of the biggest attractions for him, alongside continuing the good ground work already started. 

He’s coming in at a great time, where the training ground and academy work is going well. The squad overhaul is good and some tweaks needed to kick on. 

I’m excited to see the impact he has and his squad improvements in January and beyond. 

Not my first choice but I’ll 100% get behind him. Looking forward to the Brighton game. 

• Like 3

I really enjoy listening to the ‘plan’ when we hire a new head coach. For me personally it’s more about the way in which they deliver it, rather than the content. You just know when someone genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart, and when someone is just firing out the buzz words that they think the fans want to hear. Be interesting to see how this one goes… I’m hopeful.  

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Shouldn’t they save the huge budget for next summer? And if true is this suggesting they were holding back funds last summer?

Or panicking.

Or more likely, the decision was made to pull forward investment once the Newcastle takeover was confirmed to ensure we don't find ourselves in a Lerner / Man City situation. If that is the case, probably even more so now we find ourselves near relegation spots with the world's richest club in there too.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1