The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Daveburnside said:

Horrible appointment. Needlessly risky when there are clearly better candidates available, just so Purslow can get his mate in. 

I think we'll get relegated. 

With or without Smith or Gerrard we will NOT be relegated

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

So let the relegation battle commence.

I don’t care that he is a scouser, the Liverpool connection, dodgy tackles, beating DJ’s up, going to Liverpool in 2 years, none of that matters to me at all.

The crux is I don’t think he is significant step up that we were promised or that he has the tools needed to keep us up never mind  to Europe.

I genuinely hope he proves me wrong, but I have little confidence this is the right move for Villa no matter what nepotistic Purslow may think.  It does clearly show the owners (lack of) ambition though, personally I think Newcastle got the better deal in Eddie Howe.

So are you saying there’s a chance we might win the World Cup? 

• Haha 1

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

With or without Smith or Gerrard we will NOT be relegated

Thats a bold statement, with the wrong managerial team we can easily go down. This could be the wrong management team

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

What a terrible appointment, everyone all aboard the travelling circus,

I would like to see the shortlist if he's our choice.

I think we will be looking for another manager in the summer lets hope were still in the prem.

I think he will start well. But then as results falter he will start lambasting individual players in public and it will unravel from there.

Hope I m wrong - but 3 years progress down the pan....all imo of course.

Who is Michael Beale, the brain behind Rangers' success with an incredible CV who is on Cardiff City's radar
A name not many will be aware of has emerged in connection with the Cardiff City job and his credentials are impressive

Good article on Beale here

• Like 1

My absolute favourite type of Villa fan at the moment is the Smith Out and Anti-Gerrard gang.

Pick your side VTers, this is going to be fun.

Personally, I'm willing to give Gerrard benefit of the doubt for half a season, just as I did with Smith. Give him a chance to put his ideas in place, and hopefully secure a top-half finish. UTV.

Also I put £200 on him being next manager earlier, so I've been panicking all day when it turned out the Twitter ITK I'd based it on was a fake 😳

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This is pretty much the approach that City journo Sam Lee took during the Grealish saga.  Still gloated when the move happened the moron.

I only deal in facts #StevoITK

24 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

But...

"But Villa are now poised to make a formal approach to Rangers and attempt to strike a multi-million compensation deal to take Gerrard back to England after three-and-a-half years at Ibrox."

The article is pure clickbait