Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

The focus now needs to shift to avoiding relegation. Whilst it is highly unlikely we will go down, it isn’t guaranteed unfortunately. We are a very average to poor side playing in a system that exclusively relies on our full backs for pretty much everything.

We can’t go down. It would be a disaster.

Wonder how those who were quick to reject the idea that we might be in a relegation scrap last week feel after todays performance. The ‘decent run of fixtures’ has pretty much come to an end, and we can’t play for beans. So… looking pretty bad really isn’t it. 

47 minutes ago, sne said:

10-13 points to be safe. Should still have enough about us to do it. Starting to lose confidence about it thou.

Stayed up with 35 points two years back so doubt we'll need more this time.

More disappointing we've blown chance to establish ourselves in top 10 with poor performances in last three. Can't get excited about finishing anywhere between 11th-15th tbh.

Hopefully we won't be having same debate this time next year otherwise the Gerrard experiment certainly will have failed.

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Said it after Newcastle and it still stands up. I can't see us getting 40 points this season.

Not convinced Gerrard knows what he's doing.

He doesn't, thats why we need a thread open to discuss a new manager  

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

We won't go down, I don't think. Almost all teams around us lost too.

Yeah it's not as if most of the teams below us are gaining fast. Brentford are on an even worse run of form than we are while Norwich, Leeds, Everton, and Palace are in similar form. Watford also in terrible form and only won today because we were shit rather than them being good.

I guess you could argue that those teams below us might improve but then so might we.

• Like 1