Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

We deserved a draw for a much improved second half.

We huffed and puffed but never troubled their keeper.  Southampton looked the more likely. We are in real trouble, anyone that thinks we won't go down really need to take a step back, take the claret and blue glasses off and look at the form and table. We can't buy a win and have 6 toughy games coming up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Voted Martinez MOTM for a couple of good saves. Would’ve had a clean sheet of it weren’t for a great strike early doors. 

Rest of them ranged from average to awful. Still think Dean needs to stay (for all those reactionary Smith Out shouts… who would you bring in?!). Second half was so much better than the first but things just didn’t go our way. 

Wish we could keep everyone at Bodymoor for two weeks. Bailey going off to Jamaica doesn’t help us in the slightest, we need time to bed him and Buendua into the team.

Clearly missed Luiz tonight although I thought Nakamba did a better job in CM than McGinn.

Think our biggest miss is Traore. Only played about ten minutes for us this season, Hope we see him after the international break. 

The real positive for me tonight was that the second half seemed to show that Smith hasn’t lost the players yet. People banging on about 5 defeats in a row but you’ve got to remember that we really should’ve beaten Wolves in that run and I worry that that capitulation has affected us more than we’d like to show.

It's not about 5 defeats on the trot.  It's the 18 defeats in 2021.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah. We made Southampton look like Pep's Barcelona

Oh, you guys. Are we really haggling over which piece of poo is the smelliest?

The correct answer is they all stink.

• Haha 1

Crap first half (getting used to saying that).

Decent 25 mins after the break & might have sneaked an equaliser, which in the end would have probably been far.

Buendia going off stopped our momentum. Much improved 2nd half by him.

Not convinced by the starting line up, equally not convinced by the subs but the players have to take some of the responsibility. We are so mentally and physically weak its untrue.

• Like 1

Can understand the calls for Smith to go, and tbh I'm not sure that even his biggest fans could argue against it.

But, with 4/5 starters absent, 2/3 starters hideously out of form, and subs bench full of kids.

I wouldn't bank on whoever comes in doing much better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sad state of affairs. 5 in a row,  no sign of stopping the rot. If he's going,  I'll be sad how it's ended,  but won't have any objections to him going.  Not a clue who we can get that will improve things but if the owners make that call hopefully they will. 

If we stick by him I pray that we find something that appears to be completely off the cards, as we really need a monumental turn around right now 

It's interesting how all this downfall started from the Wolves meltdown. Without that, we'd be in a different place. Weird old game football.

Our problem is mental. And I'm afraid to change it we need to change the manager.

I fear relegation now.

Just now, Stratvillan said:

Can understand the calls for Smith to go, and tbh I'm not sure that even his biggest fans could argue against it.

But, with 4/5 starters absent, 2/3 starters hideously out of form, and subs bench full of kids.

I wouldn't bank on whoever comes in doing much better. 

This is the only glimmer of hope. But even then, I feel we should have demonstrated more with the teams we've put out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chappy said:

I was at Watford and that’s absolute rubbish. Take a breather and stop being so reactionary.

Did people watch the first half tonight with their eyes closed?

Â