Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/21 at 23:59

first half was humiliating (again) , a better second half but Smiths tenure is done , let’s see what the next guy can do.

good response from Mings he put himself about and didn’t sulk 

Martinez pulled off a couple of decent saves .

Axel needs to be sent back to Manchester he’s a massive liability.

the search begins tomorrow if it hasn’t already and we go again 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

I fear for DS. We've played them off the field second half but all they will remember will be the score. 

Maybe a change is needed but we should all remember the season we got relegated, changing managers doesn't necessarily improve results. 

In 2021 we have so far played 35 matches: won 11, drawn 6, lost 18, goals for 41, goals against 52 with a return of 39 points.  For a team that has spent £200m and is aiming at top half / a European challenge that is not acceptable.  

• Like 1

The brass will be tempted to sack him now with 15 days until the next match, which they'll view as sufficient time to bring in a replacement. 

The way the team came out in the first half is damning on them and Smith. 

We are now truly in a relegation battle and the season is veering into catastrophic territory. 

Not on Smith that, if the players had come out first half like they did after the were told it was shit or bust second half then we might have not just surrendered a point. Their goal was totally **** gyppo, 50-50 challenge ballons 50 yards, lucky bounce and sits perfect for a half volley. Second half the players showed some balls but some bad decisions and mediocre finishes.

Bottom line, the board need to the responsibility for not spending the gresford money and not securing a 6 for Smith. If after that they then sack Smith we're in some deep shit as it'll be a sign we're not run properly (again).

• Like 1

Not replacing El Ghazi at half time a poor decision.

Not replacing Undroppable McGinn was a poor decision.

Would have preferred Bidace and Carney to come on.

Watkins looks a different player to last season.

Thank you for the memories Smith, but a new manager is needed.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The worst thing is don’t think it was the worst. The Arsenal and Watford first halves were just as bad or maybe worse. 

Nah. We made Southampton look like Pep's Barcelona

Just now, allani said:

In 2021 we have so far played 35 matches: won 11, drawn 6, lost 18, goals for 41, goals against 52 with a return of 39 points.  For a team that has spent £200m and is aiming at top half / a European challenge that is not acceptable.  

I don't disagree. It's not good enough, but sacking DS is the easy part. Getting the right manager in is much much harder. 

DS has my support until he's not manager anymore, I'll then transfer that support to the new manager. 

• Like 1

Voted Martinez MOTM for a couple of good saves. Would’ve had a clean sheet of it weren’t for a great strike early doors. 

Rest of them ranged from average to awful. Still think Dean needs to stay (for all those reactionary Smith Out shouts… who would you bring in?!). Second half was so much better than the first but things just didn’t go our way. 

Wish we could keep everyone at Bodymoor for two weeks. Bailey going off to Jamaica doesn’t help us in the slightest, we need time to bed him and Buendua into the team.

Clearly missed Luiz tonight although I thought Nakamba did a better job in CM than McGinn.

Think our biggest miss is Traore. Only played about ten minutes for us this season, Hope we see him after the international break. 

The real positive for me tonight was that the second half seemed to show that Smith hasn’t lost the players yet. People banging on about 5 defeats in a row but you’ve got to remember that we really should’ve beaten Wolves in that run and I worry that that capitulation has affected us more than we’d like to show.

• Like 1

Â