Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/21 at 23:59

Have to say, when Smith just started throwing attackers on… I lost faith.

We were all over them start of second half, the turning point was Buendia going down with cramp.

But I’d have much rather seen Chukwuemeka come on for Buendia. Not sure what Archer and Davis added to what we already had, and we conceded the midfield.

Shame if Smith goes after this game, but 5 straight defeats will be hard for him to come back from.

And as @NoelVillasays, there are clearly other problems at the moment.

I gave Martinez MOTM, but I thought Mings and Cash played well, and Buendia looked very good in the second half.

I can only assume Bailey isn’t fully fit.

Sad times.

• Like 2

I fear for DS. We've played them off the field second half but all they will remember will be the score. 

Maybe a change is needed but we should all remember the season we got relegated, changing managers doesn't necessarily improve results. 

This era needs the curtain drawing before it gets ugly. We could be bottom three come Sunday night.

New direction and new manager needed and quickly. It’s over, he’ll be gone by the next fixture, too much money has been spent. We actually deserve better, and it’s hard saying that, a lovely bloke.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

End of an era. What a sad, dreary fizzle to so many great memories. He got it all so wrong this evening, summing up his indecision and failure to work with the new signings. Five or indeed six different formations. The only consistents today and in recent weeks have been Cash and Emi.

The guy is a fraud. Grealish bailed him out for 3 seasons.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning (please God).

It might be what happens, but you are celebrating it like it's a good thing. 

It's not a good thing to go on a run of results so bad that your manager gets sacked. No reason to sing at all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The issue I have is whilst we have lost five in a row, who can we get in who is way above Smith as a coach?

forget Gerrard, Lampard etc pointless we wouldn’t be any better off.

Which is why I don’t think we should get rid of Smith just yet, unless someone has a great manager who can transform us up a gear 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning (please God).

Have a word mate. I felt numb watching that, and want a change but that’s pathetic chat 

• Like 3

Â