The manager situation

OutByEaster?

Back or sack Dean Smith?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What do you feel should happen in terms of Dean Smiths tenure as manager?

• Back him for the foreseeable future
    • Sack him if we lose to Southampton
    • Sack him if we lose our next two games
    • Sack him now

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/21 at 19:30

Just now, Jareth said:

No you did say exactly that t'other day, the only manager you want is Potter - 100% Potter nobody else. I will go find it unless you've scrubbed it using your mod powers. 

Yes I’d pick Potter, not the same as saying he is the only manager I will accept though is it.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes I’d pick Potter, not the same as saying he is the only manager I will accept though is it.

•  

Potter. No other manager I want, think he is perfect. 

Nobody said you wouldn't accept anyone else - but you also do not want anyone else - therefore anyone else = unhappy TrentVilla. So let's say Potter doesn't do the dirty on Brighton - who do we go for?  If you know what is the wrong answer (Smith) - what other than Potter is the right answer? 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Whoever replaces Smith has to be a 'next level' manager. Similar to when Pochettino replaced Adkins at Southampton and not the flavour of the month like Potter or Gerrard.

Adkins was doing alright, they weren't in free fall. What 'next level manager' relishes the prospect of arresting a slide?

I don't think Terry would accept the job out of respect to his colleague, mentor, and friend Smith, also I don't think we would offer him the job, if we're to make a change now it will be a complete change, Terry was part of our decline in form that started at the start of the year, so makes little sense to bring him in as manager now.

20 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We should have spent the Grealish money on Ward-Prowse

Southampton didn't want to sell and he signed 5 year deal less than year before. He's not worth 50 million 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Any of these available? 

1. Julian Nagelsmann
2. Marco Rose
3. Ruben Amorim
4. Roberto De Zerbi
5. Steven Gerrard
6. Diego Martinez
7. Xabi Alonso
8. Raul Gonzalez
9. Gerardo Seoane

Behind Roger Schmidt & Lucien Farve as my top and realistic suggestions 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:
  •  

Nobody said you wouldn't accept anyone else - but you also do not want anyone else - therefore anyone else = unhappy TrentVilla. So let's say Potter doesn't do the dirty on Brighton - who do we go for?  If you know what is the wrong answer (Smith) - what other than Potter is the right answer? 

Nobody said I wouldn’t accept anyone else? Are you for real, you just said it!!!!! You literally just posted that that was what I’d said.

As I said I’d pick Potter, no other manager I want. That isn’t the same as saying I won’t accept any other manager. Bloody ridiculous.

E4A2AC06-E5BE-444B-91D6-5BF620546395.jpeg

I'm not for changing managers after a few bad results but its hard to see where the next result will come from and I guess with the international break coming up if you are going to change the manager then now is the time, although I have know idea who is going to replace him. 

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Whoever replaces Smith has to be a 'next level' manager. Similar to when Pochettino replaced Adkins at Southampton and not the flavour of the month like Potter or Gerrard.

If you think that Potter or Gerrard are flavour of the month then you would surely describe Pochettino in the same way at the time he was appointed. Sacking Adkins to bring him in was absolutely inspired and whoever was involved in that decision, if they still have their finger on the pulse and aren't tied to a club, needs to be consulted about who the best options are. 

Unfortunately, we can't appoint managers using hindsight so bringing in a Pochettino-esque manager because of what they're going to do in the next 10 years isn't a viable method. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Terry would accept the job out of respect to his colleague, mentor, and friend Smith, also I don't think we would offer him the job, if we're to make a change now it will be a complete change, Terry was part of our decline in form that started at the start of the year, so makes little sense to bring him in as manager now.

The same Terry that Nobbled Wayne Bridges misses … 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A absolute no for Lampard. Dean- he is a rubbish coach- smith tactically out-schooled him the play off final, and he was a glorified caretaker at Chelsea.

I don't really want to talk about it but if they did make a move the requirements surely would be of a coach with experience and used to coaching in high pressure places.