The manager situation

OutByEaster?

Back or sack Dean Smith?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What do you feel should happen in terms of Dean Smiths tenure as manager?

• Back him for the foreseeable future
    • Sack him if we lose to Southampton
    • Sack him if we lose our next two games
    • Sack him now

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/21 at 19:30

Whomever comes next IS going to be another punt. You just know it. They need to make a statement by getting a name to maintain the illusion of 'continuous progress', but they also have to be realistic because we are a shambles, so we ain't getting anyone next level.

It will be a compromise somewhere between those two positions... it'll be could work, but probably won't punt like Gerrard. Rogers won't come, so before anyone says it, I do know that, but a manager of his calibre would sort us out in no time.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Terry would accept the job out of respect to his colleague, mentor, and friend Smith, also I don't think we would offer him the job, if we're to make a change now it will be a complete change, Terry was part of our decline in form that started at the start of the year, so makes little sense to bring him in as manager now.

JT and respect for a colleague 🤣, apart from that part 👍

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As I said I’d pick Potter, no other manager I want. That isn’t the same as saying I won’t accept any other manager. Bloody ridiculous.

Yes but if it is not Potter, it is not who you wanted. So Who, if not Potter, would be a good choice. I'd love Klopp, but if it ain't him...

Just now, Jareth said:

Yes but if it is not Potter, it is not who you wanted. So Who, if not Potter, would be a good choice. I'd love Klopp, but if it ain't him...

I don’t know. I only watch English football, Potter would therefore the only person I want. That isn’t to say there aren’t other options out there is it, it sure as hell isn’t saying he is the only person I’d accept. 

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

When u think about /shef Utd and /Norwich that is very damning

Not really, when both of them have been in it for half the time we have. It's a stat that has been created to make us look bad.

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I don’t know. I only watch English football, Potter would therefore the only person I want. That isn’t to say there aren’t other options out there is it, it sure as hell isn’t saying he is the only person I’d accept. 

Whatever about at the end of the season but I can't see Potter leave Brighton during the middle of the campaign, especially when they have started the season so well.

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Whatever about at the end of the season but I can't see Potter leave Brighton during the middle of the campaign, especially when they have started the season so well.

You are probably right, nonetheless if someone asks me who I’d want he is the name I’ll give.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd like Potter too - just being a prick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

If he does go, I want a German manager, anyone, don’t care as long as they are German 

What about Paul Lambert? He lived in Germany and won a Champions League there. 

• Haha 1