The manager situation

OutByEaster?

Back or sack Dean Smith?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What do you feel should happen in terms of Dean Smiths tenure as manager?

• Back him for the foreseeable future
    • Sack him if we lose to Southampton
    • Sack him if we lose our next two games
    • Sack him now

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/21 at 19:30

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has managed 2 seasons in the last decade with one in 2nd division and is more of a sporting director these days. He cannot manage as he gets stressed easily. He is also 63 so isnt really the long term approach

He has also only ever won one trophy in his career for a man who gets hyped as a great coach

Rangnick has become the biggest myth in football and that is some doing as the competion is Bucket Bielsa.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KMitch said:

VillaTalk is on suicide watch with all kinds of baseless claims/conspiracy theories everywhere.  Go to the Purslow thread and see baseless posts on how he's meddling in football business and that Lange is just a scout with a DoF title...  Go to the Lange thread and see people calling for his head because he signed Ings instead of a DM and masterminded pushing out Terry and ROK...  Go to the Smith thread and see all kinds of Villa versions of chemtrails and flat earth theories about bust ups with Mings, losing the dressing room, and bumbling coaching ineptness suggesting that ROK and Terry were the real brains behind the operation (conveniently forgetting that most of them blamed Terry for our defensive woes 2 seasons ago)...  

VillaTalk really has become a depressing place again.  I'm probably disappearing until our form improves and the next transfer window rolls around, or Smith actually gets the sack.  My blood pressure can only go so high.  🤣

Great extreme post bordering ridiculous.

It's an internet forum, what do you expect to happen? Or should everyone to just sit on their hands and not type anything when the team is doing shit whilst surrounded by alot of uncertainty. It's called opinions.

Should we as posters run our posts past you and all the other football know it all experts on here first to see if they're acceptable and not "baseless"?

If you only want the good times and can't handle the rough times then Villa is not the team for you imo.

Have you thought about cheering on Chelsea or Man City instead? They are clubs that have it smooth and all plain sailing without any drama and you'll possibly even get a trophy at the end of it.  :thumb:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd have Eddie Howe here. Other managers that have been mentioned by us are shots in the dark. Howe has the experience now, an only lost Bournemouth because of zero investment and selling there best players.

He can't organise a defence and his cup record is abysmal.  Only had success at one small club. No for me.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd have Eddie Howe here. Other managers that have been mentioned by us are shots in the dark. Howe has the experience now, an only lost Bournemouth because of zero investment and selling there best players.

Looks like he’s going to Newcastle.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Around £200 million net spend in their time as a Premier League club and not once conceded less than 60 goals in a season. Did tremendously well getting them where he got them but if we're talking about managers with ceilings then...

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KMitch said:

4 months ago we were smugly bragging to ourselves how fantastic our club is being run on NSWE's watch and how far we've come in the past 3 seasons.  Now?  VillaTalk is on suicide watch with all kinds of baseless claims/conspiracy theories everywhere.  Go to the Purslow thread and see baseless posts on how he's meddling in football business and that Lange is just a scout with a DoF title...  Go to the Lange thread and see people calling for his head because he signed Ings instead of a DM and masterminded pushing out Terry and ROK...  Go to the Smith thread and see all kinds of Villa versions of chemtrails and flat earth theories about bust ups with Mings, losing the dressing room, and bumbling coaching ineptness suggesting that ROK and Terry were the real brains behind the operation (conveniently forgetting that most of them blamed Terry for our defensive woes 2 seasons ago)...  

VillaTalk really has become a depressing place again.  I'm probably disappearing until our form improves and the next transfer window rolls around, or Smith actually gets the sack.  My blood pressure can only go so high.  🤣

Is that an actual flounce?

Rarely seen on VT compared with some other slightly less robust web sites I follow 🤣

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Around £200 million net spend in their time as a Premier League club and not once conceded less than 60 goals in a season. Did tremendously well getting them where he got them but if we're talking about managers with ceilings then...

didn't even do well to get them there. they cheated, broke FFP and just got hit with a poxy fine.

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

didn't even do well to get them there. they cheated, broke FFP and just got hit with a poxy fine.

I just meant getting them as far as a top half finish without the most fashionable side on paper really, although I just had a glance there and it was still 9 points fewer than we managed last season, which puts last year's tallies in perspective a bit. It's an achievement anyway, but obviously would not want him getting the Villa job at all.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

😂😂😂

He hasn't got near a job in 18 months. His spending at Bournemouth was a disgrace near the end, wouldn't touch him