Paulo Fonseca

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly. It is my suspicion potential names have already been contacted about interest. Look at the Ings transfer - out of nowhere. A statement appointment is not beyond us. NSWE are serious ambitious owners. 

I think your in for a fall on so many levels 

Indeed look at the Ings transfer. 

52 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

What has Lampard done in management to get Villa job?  Absolutely nothing.  Only reason why he got Chelsea was because who he was.

clicked with the youngsters and brought a load of them through which could be appealing given what we're trying to do and needs to be taken in to consideration with any manager we appoint, if fonseca comes in with pressure to get 50% wins then you can make an argument for him ignoring the youngsters or not taking that risk, dragging it all the way back to bruce's win percentage, great, he did it with a team that was over 30 and unsustainable, increasing the win percentage by say 5% but playing a midfield of whelan and jedinak **** us rather than helped us

lampard should take the england U21 managers job if the FA cant find another suitable yes man, or take years to sack the muppet they've already got which is always the case with the U21s

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly. It is my suspicion potential names have already been contacted about interest. Look at the Ings transfer - out of nowhere. A statement appointment is not beyond us. NSWE are serious ambitious owners. 

not trying to single you out or pick on you but i see this a lot and im not sure what it even means or has any real substance 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not trying to single you out or pick on you but i see this a lot and im not sure what it even means or has any real substance 

Given how much they've spent and modernised the club, there certainly is substance there.

However, ambition and potential doesn't translate into us being able to snag a manager of ten Hag's status yet. 

48 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

You was doing alright until you mentioned Lampard.

The mention of Lampard is in relation to Fonseca. I would prefer Lampard over Fonseca, he brings more to the table. I would not want Lampard unless we could convince him and Terry to co manage, but that could be brilliant or a shitshow!

Potter is the standout. Good manager, his teams play good football, and he's a Villa man.

For now though Smith deserves a couple more games at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Newcastle supposedly offered to make him the 3rd highest paid manager in the league, and he still rejected them.

Newcastle is a basket case club. We are no even comparable. 

I'm not saying he would come here anyway but imo he is the type of manager we should be trying to get if/when Smith goes

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Even getting them to the last 16 of last season's Europa League with an average squad?

*I'm not saying I want Gerrard

I mean, they beat Antwerp, Lech Poznan and Standard Liege. You can only beat what's in fropnt of you, but it's not like they impressed against anyone who's anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

No average foreign managers please! 

Graham Potter my number one if Smith is to be replaced.

Otherwise prefer Lampard. At least he would get the midfield functioning and bring through the youth.

We must get a manager brave enough to play youngsters.

Lampard?!? 

You'd sack DS for Lampard???

Holy hell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I mean, they beat Antwerp, Lech Poznan and Standard Liege. You can only beat what's in fropnt of you, but it's not like they impressed against anyone who's anyone.

True, although its more than what MO'N achieved with us though in the competition I would say.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It's Dean or better for me, none of this sideways bollox. Winning managers not ex winning players.

The problem is, if you are a manager that wins you stay in your club.

You are only available if one of the following happens:

1) You messed up and got sacked - which makes everyone question how good you are
2) You come from a lesser team based on your good performances (like Smith did) and there is no guarantee to you will succeed at a higher level.

So, as far as I cant tell, there are no available 'better' options. Such a thing does not exist in the managerial world. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

The problem is, if you are a manager that wins you stay in your club.

You are only available if one of the following happens:

1) You messed up and got sacked - which makes everyone question how good you are
2) You come from a lesser team based on your good performances (like Smith did) and there is no guarantee to you will succeed at a higher level.

So, as far as I cant tell, there are no available 'better' options. Such a thing does not exist in the managerial world. 

Zidane did alright in his last job :D

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still think Hassenhuttl could do well at Villa. Yes he has had some ups and downs, but he plays a high pressing game and I think, with more resources available, could make excellent use of what is available to him.

I like Hassenhuttl too and how Southampton play.  Expect a lot of injuries though. 

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

However, all those managers good or bad are eclipsed by R Di Matteo with his 8% win record. I doubt he will ever be toppled from his throne as Villa’s least successful manager ever! 

Spot on and RDM was here during an era when there was serious competition for a place at the head table. It can’t be ignored either that he did it with a more than decent transfer budget for the Championship. Form is temporary, class is permanent. 

40 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Newcastle supposedly offered to make him the 3rd highest paid manager in the league, and he still rejected them.

Fair play to him. I’d like to think that he rejected them on moral grounds. Something the PL and FA failed to do.

He’ll probably sign for them tomorrow now on £1m a week!

24 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still think Hassenhuttl could do well at Villa. Yes he has had some ups and downs, but he plays a high pressing game and I think, with more resources available, could make excellent use of what is available to him.

He's overseen their 2 worst defeats in history and had a horrible run off a fantastic start last season.

I'm not sold.

Â