Paulo Fonseca

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

How is it BS? At worst, it's irrelevant, at best, it's the perfect scenario. Throw in an ex-captain who 'was' a Villa fan and it's the dream situation.... I like the fact our manager is a Villa fan. I like that Potter is a Villa Fan. It means something. If by some miracle a Villa fan can take us back to where we all (including the manager) think we should be, then, dreamland.

Firstly, it might be a bonus, but it shouldn't really matter. Getting a "Villa man" is how Newcastle ended up with Shearer in charge. I want the best man for the job, regardless of the team they support.

Secondly, we've discussed a few times across various threads - he has a bit of a soft spot for Villa and watched us as a kid, but he describes himself as both Villa and Blues. He's not some die hard Villa fan by any stretch.

It shouldn't matter to us, and it won't matter to him, he's not another one like smith who'll view this as his dream job.

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

It's bloody lip service that only means anything when things go well. It's nonsense dropped at the first sign of trouble. 

Oh I see. By some, yes. I guess by the same trigger-happy fans of the ilk who would've gotten rid of Alex Ferguson after 3 years of mediocre results.

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Everton is a weird one. Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez both struggling with inconsistency. Neither are 'bad managers'. 

They're like us, getting overtaken by other clubs as the years go by. Rafa come to do a job and gives everything, Carlo is a mercenary, he will probably be at Newcastle at some stage.

The thing here is I don't think we can get a manager that's better then what the best weve seen from Dean Smith is, somethings happened and it can be turned around hopefully.

Potter is having a purple patch, like Dean did, Moyes is absolutely fluking it at spam etc. Wouldn't go for either, sideways at best.

We have to wait, ... But not too long obviously.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

They're like us, getting overtaken by other clubs as the years go by. Rafa come to do a job and gives everything, Carlo is a mercenary, he will probably be at Newcastle at some stage.

The thing here is I don't think we can get a manager that's better then what the best weve seen from Dean Smith is, somethings happened and it can be turned around hopefully.

Potter is having a purple patch, like Dean did, Moyes is absolutely fluking it at spam etc. Wouldn't go for either, sideways at best.

We have to wait, ... But not too long obviously.

Have to agree here. The timing is completely off to hunt for a new manager with the teams already looking.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It shouldn't matter to us, and it won't matter to him, he's not another one like smith who'll view this as his dream job.

But surely he would? It would be the dream job. Anyone who can bring back the glory years to VP would be in statue territory. Imagine such a thing for a Villa fan?

Just an opinion, but to me, it really means something.And that's not the reason I would continue to back DS. I believe in him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

But surely he would? It would be the dream job. Anyone who can bring back the glory years to VP would be in statue territory. Imagine such a thing for a Villa fan?

Just an opinion, but to me, it really means something.And that's not the reason I would continue to back DS. I believe in him.

I feel like you just skipped over the bit of my post that said he's not really a die hard fan.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I feel like you just skipped over the bit of my post that said he's not really a die hard fan.

I didn't. I'm not your average moronic fan who looks at our rivals with froth in the mouth. I know, and even have family who support the Blues. I personally loath Man United and Chelsea and would like to see most, if not all Midlands football teams doing well over majority London or wherever... but not as well as the Villa of course. Dean Smith's dad was what you might call a 'die hard' Villa fan, wasn't he? I'm not sure what scale we need before we believe someone who calls themselves a Villa fan or not.

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Have to agree here. The timing is completely off to hunt for a new manager with the teams already looking.

This is like saying we shouldn't be looking for players in the transfer window, because other teams are as well, so it's difficult.

With so many foreign managers with varied playing styles , feel that an manager should have experience coaching in few other foreign leagues , and not confine himself in his own  country. Honestly , going to work in a foreign countries toughen you mentality, you also need to learn to deal with many foreign  players with different character / temperament and how to mould these all different nationalities players into a unit/ team. You need to work harder / think deeper and these will toughen you up mentality as you are out of your comfort zone in a foreign land. 

3 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

With so many foreign managers with varied playing styles , feel that an manager should have experience coaching in few other foreign leagues , and not confine himself in his own  country. Honestly , going to work in a foreign countries toughen you mentality, you also need to learn to deal with many foreign  players with different character / temperament and how to mould these all different nationalities players into a unit/ team. You need to work harder / think deeper and these will toughen you up mentality as you are out of your comfort zone in a foreign land. 

I think Villa tried this type of approqch before and everybody gets excited at the ground until we try to build from the back, then the moans of knock it forward quickly 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Is he available? 🤣

Would definately be interesting to see how he got on with a Premier League club?

I would be tempted to go and raid Brentford once again and this time sign their manager.

Thomas Frank has really imessed me enough to say he would be an interesting appointment and someone I think could who could progress us to the next level as a club. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

The best managers in this league at the moment are German. Who is the next up and coming German manager?

image.jpeg.97f40600467b74aa92ebb50c9416d62c.jpeg

We'd be good in the centre and on the right wing, anyway.

Edited by HKP90
  • Haha 3

Â