Paulo Fonseca

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I would take Gerrard over Lampard tbh.

Lampards teams are so frail and leaky.

What has Lampard done in management to get Villa job?  Absolutely nothing.  Only reason why he got Chelsea was because who he was.

As for Gerrad.  He may or may not be good.  Rangers proves very little.

From a non English person, the only reason these two are being mentioned is because they are English.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

No average foreign managers please! 

Graham Potter my number one if Smith is to be replaced.

Otherwise prefer Lampard. At least he would get the midfield functioning and bring through the youth.

We must get a manager brave enough to play youngsters.

You was doing alright until you mentioned Lampard.

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If we sack Deano, go all out and throw a sack of wedge at Erik Ten Hag. 

The only Manager I would be considering. Superb coach/tactician and legit, unlike some of the drivel being touted should Smith go.....Gerrard, Fonseca, Lampard. I'm not sold on the idea of Potter either, although a good solid manager, I think we can do better. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I think we should go all out for this George Ramsay boy.

Wow, yes, I make that 42 years as manager and a Gnat’s crotchet away from a 50% win record. 

However, all those managers good or bad are eclipsed by R Di Matteo with his 8% win record. I doubt he will ever be toppled from his throne as Villa’s least successful manager ever! 

Really don't want any of these (English) big name former players who's been fast tracked to a manager role due to their name. No Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, Pirlo, or Joey Barton :D Not the right time or job for either of them or anyone like them IMO. I know those names are not all comparable.

Nothing against a young manager but then someone who's done the studying and worked his way up. I want a manager who's meticulous, tactical, hands on in training (or at least setting up training and individual training), uses video and data to study opponents and educate players. And I'm pretty sure that's what our football people like Lange also wants.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

The only Manager I would be considering. Superb coach/tactician and legit, unlike some of the drivel being touted should Smith go.....Gerrard, Fonseca, Lampard. I'm not sold on the idea of Potter either, although a good solid manager, I think we can do better. 

Ten Hag seems a bit fanciful, does he not? 

I think he's almost certainly out of our reach. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Really don't want any of these (English) big name former players who's been fast tracked to a manager role due to their name. No Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, Pirlo, or Joey Barton :D Not the right time or job for either of them or anyone like them IMO. I know those names are not all comparable.

Nothing against a young manager but then someone who's done the studying and worked his way up. I want a manager who's meticulous, tactical, hands on in training (or at least setting up training and individual training), uses video and data to study opponents and educate players. And I'm pretty sure that's what our football people like Lange also wants.

Sounds like you want Big Sam 😉

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Ten Hag seems a bit fanciful, does he not? 

I think he's almost certainly out of our reach. 

Is he.....How do we know who is willing to take the job on if it becomes available. I think if the owners are ambitious enough then most managers wont be out of our reach. Sooner or later we will have to pay serious wages to a manager if we want to keep moving in the right direction. We have money, great fanbase, great youth.....All geared up for someone like Ten Hag imo. I don't think it's fanciful, ambitious maybe.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Is he.....How do we know who is willing to take the job on if it becomes available. I think if the owners are ambitious enough then most managers wont be out of our reach. Sooner or later we will have to pay serious wages to a manager if we want to keep moving in the right direction. We have money, great fanbase, great youth.....All geared up for someone like Ten Hag imo. I don't think it's fanciful, ambitious maybe.

He was angling for the Bayern job before Nagelsmann got it, no way Ten Hag goes anywhere that isn't a top European team after Ajax unless he really falls from grace.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Exactly. It is my suspicion potential names have already been contacted about interest. Look at the Ings transfer - out of nowhere. A statement appointment is not beyond us. NSWE are serious ambitious owners. 

52 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

What has Lampard done in management to get Villa job?  Absolutely nothing.  Only reason why he got Chelsea was because who he was.

As for Gerrad.  He may or may not be good.  Rangers proves very little.

From a non English person, the only reason these two are being mentioned is because they are English.

I wouldn't have either. Absolute charisma vacuums.

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Turned down Spurs and is about to turn down Newcastle. Near the top of Barcelona and United shortlist at the moment 

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Comparing win percentages is so **** stupid and futile without context.

You can't compare Fonseca's win percentage at a portuguese club and Bruce's win percentage at Villa in the Championship.

The context is completely different for both. Different leagues, different relative standard of teams, different time frames.

It's **** pointless. Stop wasting your time

I agree with this just maybe slightly less aggressively 😂

Anyway hard no to Gerrard, Lampard, Fonseca, etc. I think Smith is done but equally I wouldn’t bother chopping him unless we could bring in pure class like Everton have been. 

Â