Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Starting to worry Terry and O'Kelly were the brains behind 433. Shakespeare and Smith are struggling there bulls off with this formation. 

The change seems to have come in now Danks is here so maybe he's the brains behind it. 

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

That was a shambles. I really hope Smith comes under massive pressure after this game, he doesn't have a clue and picks this awful formation every week. 

The game has finished now IMO and it will be three defeats in a row. Hope he gets sacked, useless. I haven't seen us play this badly since Alex McLeish was manager. 

Edit : Mis read sorry 

Edited by MCU

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

Behave. It was a penalty. Lacazette played for it but Targett was daft enough to fall for it. He’s been shocking

No way in a million years any ref anywhere would blow up the split second the penalty was taken

we've been terrible. One of the worst halves I’ve seen from us. We deserve to be 5 down let alone 2. 

All on Smith. Very clear that this formation didn’t work against Wolves and very clear after 15 mins it wasn’t working here

Im a big supporter of Smith but unless he learns quickly he can **** off for me

Targett has indeed been shocking, but that's a great challenge with a huge collapse from Lacazette.

To be fouled, you have to actually be impeded.  Nothing impedes Lazacette at all.  Well, apart from the strong gravitational pull I guess.

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

352 or 532 isn't working. I have to say this is a peno I would be livid if we don't get that if it happened the other way round. 

It's definitely 532. We're getting totally overrun in midfield. 

2 minutes ago, MCU said:

He was playing on whilst waiting for VAR to finish checking. Then he blew to check the screen, not half time. Saw it coming all along. 

Would have been interesting if VAR checked it and didn’t give a penalty but Arsenal scored in the extra time added. 

Well, ok, if that's what happened. Not how it was described on radio WM but I guess they could have been wrong about the ref having blown for half time.

Look at all those zeroes she said lol.

It doesn't matter which formation you play if you don't run you're going to spanked. 

As for the penalty there was a foul on Targett when the initial cross came in but that's a genuinely shocking performance.

Maybe we can't play in front of crowds. We need some players with big balls in the second half otherwise this will get ugly for our goal difference.

What on earth was that… 45 minutes of a shit show, too late to change it, we are 2-0. What worries me is dean and Shakespeare, were in discussion for 40 minutes about it not working and did **** all. A blind monkey could see it wasn’t working