Pre Match Thread

maqroll

23 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Amazing how differently we as fans can see stuff, the only game I see us losing is Man United. Granted I am an optimist by nature. 

But I mean Everton, a bit meh, Spurs just got tonked by Crystal bloody Palace, wolves another meh team, Arsenal pretty below par only just beat Norwich and West Ham, no lingard so not so much to fear. 

I am an optimist too.....but when someone points a gun at me, I run.

Optimism is great, but it has to be backed up with substance, blind faith is on par with pessimism.

Aston Villa can beat most teams, but so far our achilles heel has been our selves, we are the architects of our own set backs.

A fully functioning Villa, with optimum concentration and desire, is a handfull for any team......We have to apply ourselves better.

Last week ,we showed some good signs, baring the brain farts,they have to stop.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I'm very confident about a win here.  We'll be full strength and full fitness for the first time this season and regardless of how Deano decides to have us line up, we'll have a plethora of options on the bench to make changes as the game goes on.  The team will be desperate to get a result now that they're all back and there are strong players on the bench who will be challenging for a spot in the team.  4-1 to the mighty Villa.

Honestly think we should be getting a win here. 

2 x Emigos returning, Sanson available (imagine that!), Bailey arguably ready to start, Watkins back in shape, and now Calvert-Lewin out for Everton with a broken toe.

If we can't beat these, I genuinely can't see us spending any time in the top half this season.

Prediction: 2-0 us.

UTV

Martinez

Cash        Konsa       Mings          Targett

Luiz

Ramsey           McGinn

Bailey                 Ings                   Watkins

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Martinez

Luiz

Ramsey           McGinn

Buendia benched?

Controversial! But I think I agree with you.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I am an optimist too.....but when someone points a gun at me, I run.

Optimism is great, but it has to be backed up with substance, blind faith is on par with pessimism.

Aston Villa can beat most teams, but so far our achilles heel has been our selves, we are the architects of our own set backs.

A fully functioning Villa, with optimum concentration and desire, is a handfull for any team......We have to apply ourselves better.

Last week ,we showed some good signs, baring the brain farts,they have to stop.

Ahhh TRO you can’t run from the gun, you’ve got to stand your ground and hope that motherf*cker jams!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

This. This has been one of our biggest problems for many many years. The only way to combat it is with mental strength, focus and determination. We can't continue to shoot ourselves in the foot against teams we think we  should be beating or indeed teams we aspire to be like. We are getting better though!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Martinez

Luiz

Ramsey           McGinn

Tough one. I'd be happy with Buendia starting and Ramsey on second half. Sure feels good to get Martinez back though.

Edit - also Ings nailed on to score given he didn't last game - as night follows day.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

not a must win, but there's a 'must not lose' element to this.

a loss would likely mean we will end up with a 5 game losing run including the cup wednesday which is never good regardless of who you've played

• Like 1

Make no mistake Everton are a decent side. I think people are underestimating them here. 

They are unbeaten, and know how to pick up points. Rafa knows his onions.

That said depending on which Villa turns up, i’m hopeful we can scrape it. But it will be close. Only one goal in it I reckon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, romavillan said:

"You charge a gun, from a knife you run"

you are taking it too literally.....i was making a general point.

but you are right , you run from a knife, ( mind you they can still throw it)..... a gun, you are fuched.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

you are taking it too literally.....i was making a general point.

but you are right , you run from a knife, ( mind you they can still throw it)..... a gun, you are fuched.

Quote from the Irishman, Hoffa (Al Pacino) says it after an attempt on his life....

• Haha 1