Bailey.       Ings.       Watkins

What a team

• Like 2

Martinez

Cash.  Konsa  Mings  Targett

Douglas

McGinn     Ramsey

Bailey       Watkins       Ings

I'd say Ings will drift forward into the box more than Bailey. With Ramsey moving out left. I can see Ings and Watkins change positions too mid game.

I just feel this more fluid front line is what we're going to see this game. 

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Think I would go 4-1-3-2 here and hit ‘em with everything we have offensively. We’ll  probably concede, but I think we can hurt ‘em more.

Maybe have our wide men drop a bit deeper as outlets, and play Doug as a holding player with instructions to find Bailey and whoever plays Wide left (depending on where we play Emi 2) with simple balls. Have Bailey running at them from deep.

In fact I’d be tempted to play Bailey wide left, Traore wide right and Buendia in the middle and scare the shit out of them with our running game.

We'd get massively overrun in midfield.

You are the antithesis of Southgate!

For me, Dougie with SJM and JJ alongside - earn possession/the right to go on the offensive!!

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I cant see Smith leaving out the club record signing unless he's unfit. 

it's not just fitness, it's the attacking drills they've been working on during the week. i can 100% see buendia on the bench. plus we do have adequate replacements for buendia

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's not just fitness, it's the attacking drills they've been working on during the week. i can 100% see buendia on the bench. plus we do have adequate replacements for buendia

Oh ok I didnt realise they were both not returning until tomorrow. 

I feel like this one is a potential banana skin for us. Rafa has got them playing simple football, utilising wing play and maintaining discipline. its definitely a winnable game, but also one i am wary of being too confident about. Townsend and Gray were picked up on a free and on the cheap respectively, and rafa seems to be getting performances out of them. I hope we dont give them to much time on the ball or let them shoot from the edge of our box. to win this we have to match them for effort whilst ensuring we have that cutting edge we lacked so much last week.

4 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

We'd get massively overrun in midfield.

You are the antithesis of Southgate!

For me, Dougie with SJM and JJ alongside - earn possession/the right to go on the offensive!!

I know, but I feel a Keegan coming on. Lets beat them 6-5

• Like 1

I liked our formation against Chelsea, I know it didn’t pay off but we looked dangerous and, mistakes aside, quite solid.

I think I would go:

Emi

Konsa     Tuanzebe   Mings

Cash                                                Targett

Buendia     Luiz   McGinn    

Ollie       Ings

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think unchanged bar Martinez is very likely.

I’d like to see Bailey start for one of the cbs and change shape. Keep 3 in midfield and have Ings and Watkins interchange. Buendia and Traore off the bench. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I’d like to see Bailey start for one of the cbs and change shape. Keep 3 in midfield and have Ings and Watkins interchange. Buendia and Traore off the bench. 

Yeah the 3-5-2 was good for Chelsea, but now that we have good squad depth we can adapt to different teams. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh I think you might be right tbh. 

Personally, I prefer the 4-3-3 with Bailey coming in but can see him sticking with this line up. 

FWIW though, a 3-5-2 is just a means to fit Ings and Watkins into the same side and I don’t think it’s the best use of our squad and our summer signings.

I think the Ings situation might become a problem for Smith. 

• Like 1