January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just done a google and the Couthinho and Gerrard love in is real. Coutinho used to play as Gerrard on his Playstation and Gerrard used to get other people to mark him in training as he is so good. 

Thats that. Must be happening !! 

Completely out of our price range but i would love to see us take a waning world star just once on loan. I do not remember that ever happening to us before .

He's on 140k a week apparently, which is not completely and utterly out of the question I guess (isn't Ings on 120k or so?) - but I do think we'd need to clear some space in the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

If we finish in the top 8 this season, I can see is going for Kalvin Phillips next summer.

I think if he leaves dirty Leeds then it will probably be for a champs league club, and my money would be on Liverpool.

If Leeds were relegated then we'd possibly have more chance (if there were no ECL suitors), mainly due to the Gerrard factor, as a midfielder who wouldn't want to learn from one of the best premier league midfielders there has been, buuuuuut.... I still think it's VERY unlikely.

Also, maybe if Bielsa leaves - I would love it if it happened though, think he would be an absolute monster for us.

2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I think if he leaves dirty Leeds then it will probably be for a champs league club, and my money would be on Liverpool.

If Leeds were relegated then we'd possibly have more chance (if there were no ECL suitors), mainly due to the Gerrard factor, as a midfielder who wouldn't want to learn from one of the best premier league midfielders there has been, buuuuuut.... I still think it's VERY unlikely.

Also, maybe if Bielsa leaves - I would love it if it happened though, think he would be an absolute monster for us.

One player id love is Raphinha. Such a quality player but maybe not quite good enough for the top 3 clubs. So it’s case of the likes of United, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester eventually going in for him.  We need to one day try and compete with these teams for signings. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

linked with newcastle but i guess thats just sentiment and the money making for a lazy story

id take him, think he'd be a good gap filler meaning we can take our time with chuk et al

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I left Liverpool for the money didn’t he? Doubt he’s going to come to us. 

I don't think he's happy over there and might just fancy playing for SG for 6 months, do we need him? 

Would defo be a good stop gap for Chuk as said.

Wages would be an ouch scenario though.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

One player id love is Raphinia. Such a quality player but maybe not quite good enough for the top 3 clubs. So it’s case of the likes of United, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester eventually going in for him.  We need to one day try and compete with these teams for signings. 

Quality operator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

One player id love is Raphinha. Such a quality player but maybe not quite good enough for the top 3 clubs. So it’s case of the likes of United, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester eventually going in for him.  We need to one day try and compete with these teams for signings. 

Yep great player I agree, he's been linked to Liverpool a fair bit though and personally I could see that one happening.

I think he would fancy himself getting plenty of game time and with Salah (29 yrs) Mane (29) and Firmino (30) they can't go on forever so they will be looking for quality younger replacements to integrate into the side (as with Jota).

Tje issue with players like raphina is the same issue Man City had when buying Grealish off us. The teams are not grateful any more for money coming in. They have plenty of it anyway. 

Players like him Bissouma and Ward Prowse would cost 50 million plus. Rightly or wrongly Jack going for 100 mill has meant that star players values at other clubs has gone right up as well. 

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

linked with newcastle but i guess thats just sentiment and the money making for a lazy story

id take him, think he'd be a good gap filler meaning we can take our time with chuk et al

I would say we are taking are time with Carney and easing him in nicely with 20/30 minute cameos maybe the odd start here and there. 

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Trippier is a definite step-up on Targett but I didn't realise he was 31, guess if it's a free transfer then maybe?

Seems to be a Barcode signing perhaps?

Gerrard will have a certain gravitas when it comes to signing players though.

He won't be replacing Targett, he's will be competition for Cash, I like it, Cash Vs top3 and Trippier Vs teams we can dominate, building a strong squad for every eventuality, like it 

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He won't be replacing Targett, he's will be competition for Cash, I like it, Cash Vs top3 and Trippier Vs teams we can dominate, building a strong squad for every eventuality, like it 

I would honestly much prefer that to be Kesler next season. Ealing's developing quite nicely too.

Also, I don't think Trippier would swap being back-up at Arsenal to being back-up for us.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I would honestly much prefer that to be Kesler next season. Ealing's developing quite nicely too.

Also, I don't think Trippier would swap being back-up at Arsenal to being back-up for us.  

Yeah I doubt there is any chance, just doesn't make sense, if it did happen it would be because SG really is a.big draw, exciting. 

I appreciate what you say about Kessler but the jump up in standard is huge, how effective would he be at this level? We do not know, if he cod do it though, I'd take that over signing anyone, seeing our kids make it big would be brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah I doubt there is any chance, just doesn't make sense, if it did happen it would be because SG really is a.big draw, exciting. 

I appreciate what you say about Kessler but the jump up in standard is huge, how effective would he be at this level? We do not know, if he cod do it though, I'd take that over signing anyone, seeing our kids make it big would be brilliant.

He's impressing on loan and has a lot of great attributes - none less than the fact that he's got pretty much elite level athleticism/speed. From everything I've seen of him so far, I think he's earnt a go. 

• Like 1