Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But this guy calls them words removed even when they doing well. I think it’s just his pet name for all the players. 

Must've been the bloke sat behind us at Wembley😁I learnt swear words that day, had to cover my boys ears (we sit upper Trinity with next to no swearing😄)

• Like 1

On 14/11/2021 at 14:21, OutByEaster? said:

The club have looked at this in the past but had struggled with liscencing issues - the council aren't entirely convinced that selling booze around the ground is the way forward.

Good lord that is so dumb. If I am going to have a drink at the game I am going to have a drink, whether in a pub nearby or in the ground itself. Them not selling beer outside is neither going to encourage or discourage me from doing so. Even if I do wander past and think, you know what I wasn't planning on it but I'll have a beer and a bratwurst, what on earth is their thinking? That I'll end up going on some mad rampage culminating with me shagging the penalty spot at half time, bare arse in the air covered head to toe in my own vomit? 

• Haha 3

On 17/11/2021 at 17:30, hippo said:

Bloody Ell tro - you sit not far from me then !

Think initially the cheers will be louder than the desenters for Stevie G ...

I sit next door but one to him, on his left.

I hope the cheers are worthy of a new manager.....and I hope they all realise, he is on our side NOW.

On 17/11/2021 at 13:47, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m in the upper. I’ve had to move from my normal seat in P6 to P4 so could get 2 seats. Even where I normally sit it’s nice a environment apart from the bloke behind me that calls all our players a word removed. I find him can’t amusing now though. 

It’s near impossible to get 2 seats together in the lower.

Yeah! I know.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

I sit next door but one to him, on his left.

I hope the cheers are worthy of a new manager.....and I hope they all realise, he is on our side NOW.

Sure there will be more appluading than not. Can't say it's been the most Popular appointment I've known. He won't get much slack if things go awry.  

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sure there will be more appluading than not. Can't say it's been the most Popular appointment I've known. He won't get much slack if things go awry.  

Well, then we get what we deserve.
Most of the people I know are fully behind him even if they didn’t agree with Smiths sacking. 
Generally, our fans realise that there will be a period of readjustment and we might have to support him through a sticky patch to start with. 

No matter what his reasons, you can see he’s desperate to make a success of this. Good luck to him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well, then we get what we deserve.
Most of the people I know are fully behind him even if they didn’t agree with Smiths sacking. 
Generally, our fans realise that there will be a period of readjustment and we might have to support him through a sticky patch to start with. 

No matter what his reasons, you can see he’s desperate to make a success of this. Good luck to him.

There’s one or two that seem so upset by his appointment and that’s it’s such a bad move that they are just waiting for him to fail. 

I hope they aren’t in the ground. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s one or two that seem so upset by his appointment and that’s it’s such a bad move that they are just waiting for him to fail. 

I hope they aren’t in the ground. 

Nobody that is a Villa fan wants him to fail but a lot rightfully arent convinced of his credentials

Its a matey mate appointment and no way around that

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nobody that is a Villa fan wants him to fail but a lot rightfully arent convinced of his credentials

Its a matey mate appointment and no way around that

I agree, I will be supporting 100% when I’m at the ground later today but I’ve woke up this morning with none of the excitement I usually have for a new regime.  I was really hoping in myself, that game day would convert me over to being pro-Gerrard but it hasn’t.  I desperately hope time will change that.

To be fair I’ve gone from not wanting Gerrard last week to being on the fence with him so I’m moving in the right direction.  I’m just going to sit back on the fence and let him show what he can do, good or bad, and then my feelings kick in. I’m desperate for this to work though, if he thrives then Villa thrives.

• 3 weeks later...

From the telly it sounded decent.

Still not at the level to how it was under Smith during that first season back in the Prem.

Reason to that is I still feel a good portion of the fanbase has not taken to Gerrard yet, and that's disappointing if true.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It was the best atmosphere I've seen in years. Proper shithouse hostile crowd. Shame we can't bottle that everytime because Leicester were absolutely rattled.

The most pathetic thing about the Leicester fans was how many times they chanted "Football in a library"

You'd think they'd be more focused on their own team. But I guess it's normal English banter..

Edited by villalad21

Â