Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Just now, slowandlow said:

Anyone commenting based on their tv is a joke tbh. That's not a better fan issue, that's recognising how the tv companies can distort atmosphere how they see fit 

Deafening at times 

1 minute ago, slowandlow said:

Anyone commenting based on their tv is a joke tbh. That's not a better fan issue, that's recognising how the tv companies can distort atmosphere how they see fit 

When it’s so loud that the commentators are forced to raise their voices, that’s not a TV company altering crowd noise. That’s a boisterous crowd

• Like 1

Thought it was loud in parts, quiet in others. The decision just before half time and the way they showed it on the screen really turned things for me. I think we all felt aggrieved and you could see the players react in the same way. That's what changed the crowd for me.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Huge credit to the Holte End for rattling Schmeichel today. The doo doo doo, Schmeichel is a rocket polisher was coming through loud and clear on the Sky coverage.

I want you guys to constantly boo loudly whenever the opposition have the ball. 

Need to make villa park as hostile as possible. 

• Like 1

Its harder to generate an atmosphere when you have less of the ball even being the home side which was the case in the first half. In the second the team set it up and the crowd responded. About 5 years ago this would have had a crowd of about 32,000 so we are heading the right direction.

• Like 1

Thought the atmosphere was decent considering it was a late Sunday afternoon KO. The first half weren’t great performance wise and we went 1.0 down. Much better second half and with the disallowed goal it stirred the fans up more. Sometimes it only takes a bad refereeing decision to get the crowd going. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The inter Milan game back in 1994? Comes to mind . Whenever they had the ball the crowd didn’t let up. It makes it so much more uncomfortable for the opposition. Also I think it would help if villa park had the fans closer to the pitch. Behind both goals there’s a decent gap from the playing surface to the stands. The closer the fans the more intimidating it could be. 

• Like 2

On 17/11/2021 at 22:14, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That I'll end up going on some mad rampage culminating with me shagging the penalty spot at half time, bare arse in the air covered head to toe in my own vomit? 

To be fair when you put it like that you can see their concerns Doug. Since reading this I initially  turned teetotal. However I read it again this morning and the full horror of it made me reach for the bottle. It’s now just after 10am and I’m halfway down my second bottle of scotch. It’s cold and wet outside but that won’t stop me going out and giving that imaginary penalty spot on the lawn a bloody good seeing to by lunchtime!!  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The inter Milan game back in 1994? Comes to mind . Whenever they had the ball the crowd didn’t let up. It makes it so much more uncomfortable for the opposition. Also I think it would help if villa park had the fans closer to the pitch. Behind both goals there’s a decent gap from the playing surface to the stands. The closer the fans the more intimidating it could be. 

Yes, this is one match that always sticks in my mind as the best atmosphere ever. The Inter players were totally blown away, and should have lost by a greater margin than the 2-0 final score. The noise came from all four stands in unison that night, it was immense.

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My first ever villa park game... oh, the memories... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yes, this is one match that always sticks in my mind as the best atmosphere ever. The Inter players were totally blown away, and should have lost by a greater margin than the 2-0 final score. The noise came from all four stands in unison that night, it was immense.

The trinity was rocking which it always did for the big games . If I remember right was the holte still being built ? Can’t remember if it had actually fully opened. Their keeper at the time was Pagluica who’s a big villa fan . Makes you wonder if he became a villa fan after that night at villa park 

26 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought the atmosphere was decent considering it was a late Sunday afternoon KO. The first half weren’t great performance wise and we went 1.0 down. Much better second half and with the disallowed goal it stirred the fans up more. Sometimes it only takes a bad refereeing decision to get the crowd going. 

i dont think enough consideration is being given to that

its definitely detrimental to the atmosphere, so is the time of year

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

A selection of your posts on the big screen should get a pretty hostile response I’d say. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think enough consideration is being given to that

its definitely detrimental to the atmosphere, so is the time of year

Sunday’s regardless of time is usually a damp squid . Horrible day to drag yourself off to the football . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The trinity was rocking which it always did for the big games . If I remember right was the holte still being built ? Can’t remember if it had actually fully opened. Their keeper at the time was Pagluica who’s a big villa fan . Makes you wonder if he became a villa fan after that night at villa park 

I think we have confused matches. I think the match you are talking about the second Inter game with Bergkamp etc. I think I have got my dates wrong and that I am thinking of the first Inter match with Klinsmann, Mattheaus and Brehmer back in the Josef Venglos days, not long after Italia 90. My memory is hazy, but I think it might have been first year back in Europe for English clubs, and the atmosphere for that was even better than the re-match a few years later. Both matches were great atmopsheres though, with the re-match having a far happier outcome. We were cheated badly by a dodgy ref in the return leg at The San Siro, with their second goal being a yard off the pitch before they scored, as well as the ref blowing for a foul whenever we won the ball off Inter. (I still haven't got over that game if you can't tell 😂 )

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sunday’s regardless of time is usually a damp squid . Horrible day to drag yourself off to the football . 

Absolutely this, Was last minute decision for us, Throwing in the shit weather, Clusterfcuk of public transportation and up at the crack of sparrow for graft the next day still hanging from a stupid ‘o clock kick off time on a Sunday.

Still, Glad I went in the end  :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Â