Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I do like the Allez song actually as i feel the words are totally original & unique to us even if the song itself is nicked. We do need some more original songs though. I was listneing to the "few" Wolves chants when they came the other week and their songs are so typical & un-original, sounds like the same songs from decades ago with the old "fight fight wherever you may be" etc etc...#Boring .... All they literally did was copy the songs we sang but replaced the words to suit such as "we've got Mcginn" they sang but with the name of one of their players inserted. It really was quite dull tbh. 

It's like when we song the Anti-Sha songs, are they really worth singing about? Hardly even rivals in reality. I think we are their only claim to fame in truth, without being "Villa's main rivals" what are they exactly? Where as if you took them away we are still AVFC one of the most successfull clubs in World football (albeit in the main historically of course)

we are really poor at player songs, its been a while since I've been to VP now but what are the "original" individual player songs now? mcginn obviously has one but thats about it from comes through on the TV, i remember aint no body like el ghazi,  other than "there's only one..." which is boring and flogged to death

I hope the dogshit nonsensical racist stolen from utd Konsa one has been dropped, thats a real low point in player songs for me

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:31, villa4europe said:

and me, for all the moaning and groaning on social media and forums the crowd at VP does usually seems slower to turn 

saturday 3pm kick off too so whereas the sunday afternoon west game was flatter than a witches tit there's no excuse for this one

I just hope the fans get behind him ......we need a united front.

20 hours ago, wedge said:

I'd love the whole of VP to be stood for 90 minutes, a sure-fire way to ensure a hostile (for the opposition) atmosphere that we crave. It's obviously not practical as I appreciate not everyone is a supreme athlete like me and up for standing for the entire game. 😉

We have managed to almost create unofficial and illegal standing areas though (I can't wait for safe standing to be introduced at VP), the whole North Stand lower, Holte lower and majority of upper are all standing for 90 minutes.

what about Arthur.......Arthur Ritis.

many of us old uns have it in the knees...spare a thought.

• Haha 1

On 31/10/2021 at 19:11, sharkyvilla said:

It was really, really quiet today, even when we were in the game and giving it a good go with 10 men.  The lockdown seems to have killed off the atmosphere almost everywhere whenever I watch a game.

serial defeats, kills it.

That first tackle, that first challenge, that fight back......thats what stirs the crowd back, to life.

When we see players giving their all and fighting for the cause.....thats what the crowd need, to support them back.

Its very hard to do it on the back of losing,losing, losing and seeing no fight.....it just creates silence.....or for those with less tolerance, booing.

sure the odd game, its ok to sing and support the team ,even when we are losing.....but to do it every week, it's hard.

I make it my mission, no booing.

I think Villa Park will be at it’s best on Saturday. Gerrard will have the players pumped up, the fans will be pumped up, I hope even the announcer will be pumped up. I’ve no doubt we’ll be out of the traps like greyhounds the fans will feed off the energy on the pitch and the players will feed off the energy from the stands. We could blow Brighton away. 

I remember years ago, early Lerner days, I think we were playing Sheffield United and we were celebrating the European Cup victory. It was the first time we’d really done anything like that, thanks to Ellis almost airbrushing it out of our history. Most of the players and Ron were there and presented on the pitch before the game. I don’t think there was much riding on the game but it felt like a Cup Final at Villa Park. Sheffield United didn’t know what hit them and we won 3-0. I’m sure a lot of you remember it, a great day. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, wedge said:

I'd love the whole of VP to be stood for 90 minutes, a sure-fire way to ensure a hostile (for the opposition) atmosphere that we crave. It's obviously not practical as I appreciate not everyone is a supreme athlete like me and up for standing for the entire game. 😉

We have managed to almost create unofficial and illegal standing areas though (I can't wait for safe standing to be introduced at VP), the whole North Stand lower, Holte lower and majority of upper are all standing for 90 minutes.

Stand for 90 mins ! Be great to see but I’ve seen quite a few people about incapable of standing for 90 seconds after 2-3 hours on the sauce beforehand 

• Haha 1

Where's your wife gone, where's your wife gone Stanley Bowles, with the milkman with the milkman with the milkman Stanley Bowles, packed Holte, nigh on 30,000 blasting this at him - more like this please 

15 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think Villa Park will be at it’s best on Saturday. Gerrard will have the players pumped up, the fans will be pumped up, I hope even the announcer will be pumped up. I’ve no doubt we’ll be out of the traps like greyhounds the fans will feed off the energy on the pitch and the players will feed off the energy from the stands. We could blow Brighton away. 

I remember years ago, early Lerner days, I think we were playing Sheffield United and we were celebrating the European Cup victory. It was the first time we’d really done anything like that, thanks to Ellis almost airbrushing it out of our history. Most of the players and Ron were there and presented on the pitch before the game. I don’t think there was much riding on the game but it felt like a Cup Final at Villa Park. Sheffield United didn’t know what hit them and we won 3-0. I’m sure a lot of you remember it, a great day. 

Proud history, bright future.  Hopefully the latter bit is finally materialising.

• Like 2

On 16/11/2021 at 09:19, Follyfoot said:

Where's your wife gone, where's your wife gone Stanley Bowles, with the milkman with the milkman with the milkman Stanley Bowles, packed Holte, nigh on 30,000 blasting this at him - more like this please 

Was it, Ernie?, the fastest Milkman in the West.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m taking my 7 year old to her first game since she was 3 against Leicester. Sitting in Doug Ellis stand where the swearing will hopefully be at a minimum lol.

She will probably be bored and just play on the phone but it’s time she started feeling the atmosphere at games.

I sit in the DE lower, near the Holte end.....There is very little swearing around us, nice environment for your daughter......its the pensioners section, which probably explains it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I sit in the DE lower, near the Holte end.....There is very little swearing around us, nice environment for your daughter......its the pensioners section, which probably explains it.

I’m in the upper. I’ve had to move from my normal seat in P6 to P4 so could get 2 seats. Even where I normally sit it’s nice a environment apart from the bloke behind me that calls all our players a word removed. I find him can’t amusing now though. 

It’s near impossible to get 2 seats together in the lower.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m in the upper. I’ve had to move from my normal seat in P6 to P4 so could get 2 seats. Even where I normally sit it’s nice a environment apart from the bloke behind me that calls all our players a word removed. I find him can’t amusing now though. 

It’s near impossible to get 2 seats together in the lower.

He must have a lot of brothers scattered around the stadium😀

Thats frustration, poorly handled....can be annoying though.....I sit near Carl Chinn, he has a sobering affect on everyone, such a diplomat.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats frustration, poorly handled....can be annoying though.....I sit near Carl Chinn, he has a sobering affect on everyone, such a diplomat.

But this guy calls them words removed even when they doing well. I think it’s just his pet name for all the players. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Bloody Ell tro - you sit not far from me then !

Think initially the cheers will be louder than the desenters for Stevie G ...

P5 Doug resident here, you won't find much atmosphere here. The closest you will get is old brexit Barry as I call him at the back of P5.

"Ahhhh come on quicker!! Quicker!!! Move it!!!!."

Ball gets given away rushing the pass.

"....we can't keep the ball for 5 seconds. Why'd you give it away for! Keep the ball"
Ball breaks to us again
"....GO FORWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Another rushed pass and possession is turned over

"Ah ffs lads, relax on the ball, just play at your own tempo"

I'm sure he's gaslighting me.

Â