Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

On 07/11/2021 at 21:15, maqroll said:

I watched the West Ham game longingly today. The atmosphere there was totally electric. Drury said the stands were shaking. I really hoped this season was going to be like that for us. Can it still? Seems we are miles behind West Ham and now even teams like Crystal Palace FFS, who also had a rocking stadium this weekend.  Grrrrrrr.

Yes if you win matches. It wasn't that long ago Essex's finest were in mutiny at the sheer cheek of having to move to a free state funded  60,000 stadium away from their favourite pie and mash shop. Funny how that is all forgotten now.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and me, for all the moaning and groaning on social media and forums the crowd at VP does usually seems slower to turn 

saturday 3pm kick off too so whereas the sunday afternoon west game was flatter than a witches tit there's no excuse for this one

Witch's Tit Recipe

• Haha 1

I was watching the USA- Mexico game last night. It was in Cincinnati. The entire crowd was standing the whole game. I love it when that happensxand would love to see that intensity at VP. It would rattle opposition players.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I was watching the USA- Mexico game last night. It was in Cincinnati. The entire crowd was standing the whole game. I love it when that happensxand would love to see that intensity at VP. It would rattle opposition players.

It might rattle our princesses too though.

Was in the Lower Holte against West Ham and it was indeed flat prior to KO. This was most definately not helped however when the Team line-up was announced and it ws pretty obvious we had zero chance of winning. Ings, Luiz & co out, Mings dropped etc which basically meant every department of the team was disrupted and we were about to play probably the most consistent team in the division currently. Must admit seeing the line-up on the walk to the stadium felt like a punch in the stomach and hope evaporated pretty much before a ball had even been kicked. 

Nobody was moaning though i think it was just trepidation....then after a few minutes when Ramsey went down injured and he brought on Ashley Young you just knew it was going to be a stinker.

Everything about that day knocked the stuffing out of you as a fan

The weak line up 

The injury after a few mins to Ramsey

The bizarre bringing on of Ashley Young in Central midfield when Chukweumeka was sat on the bench.

The immediate concession of a second after finally equalising

The Sending off just after half time which killed us despite rallying briefly.

It was a true stinker of a game in every sense so i'm not surprised the fans were rather flattened by it. I also think there was a deflated feeling about the seson generally after the capitulation against Wolves as it was now clear it was heading for a season of struggle when we had all been primed for trying to get into Europe!!!

• Like 1

I think they should empty the holte car park and stick some German Market cabins in there, get people there around 12 - 1pm and try and generate a buzz pre game, even if that does involve booze for many 

The digbeth dining club stuff a few years back is the future 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think they should empty the holte car park and stick some German Market cabins in there, get people there around 12 - 1pm and try and generate a buzz pre game, even if that does involve booze for many 

The digbeth dining club stuff a few years back is the future 

The club have looked at this in the past but had struggled with liscencing issues - the council aren't entirely convinced that selling booze around the ground is the way forward.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club have looked at this in the past but had struggled with liscencing issues - the council aren't entirely convinced that selling booze around the ground is the way forward.

One of them stupid decision maker things where they believe that fans get drunk at football or drink more at football - they dont, it will just mean they will drink elsewhere instead and turn up at VP drunk, the guy that they are worried about drinking too much at a fan park will drink too much somewhere else but they won't know where 

• Like 1

On 09/11/2021 at 20:24, The Fun Factory said:

About 10 years ago they were averaging 15,000 in the championship.  Plus Selhurst Park is a utter sh*thole and a pain in the ass to get to.

A few weeks ago, probably the Everton match, commentators were saying they’d never heard noise like it. One said he turned his head phones down so he could hear the other pundit, but realised his headphones were off and it was just the none amplified crowd he was hearing. Now people are moaning about the atmosphere or comparing it to other stadiums. It’s amazing the difference having something to cheer about makes. 

• Like 3

On 07/11/2021 at 21:15, maqroll said:

I watched the West Ham game longingly today. The atmosphere there was totally electric. 

Must have been the first time ever. It wont last. Usually it's like a morgue down there  

On 13/11/2021 at 15:05, maqroll said:

I'd love the whole of VP to be stood for 90 minutes, a sure-fire way to ensure a hostile (for the opposition) atmosphere that we crave. It's obviously not practical as I appreciate not everyone is a supreme athlete like me and up for standing for the entire game. 😉

We have managed to almost create unofficial and illegal standing areas though (I can't wait for safe standing to be introduced at VP), the whole North Stand lower, Holte lower and majority of upper are all standing for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So people get tanked up in the city centre and then come to Villa all at the last minute? That makes sense.

There are hardly any boozers left in Aston/Witton area now. Having a temporary pop up area next to the ground surely makes  more sense.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Remember when we used to sing the songs for each player pre match? How many years ago was it now? Either way, would be good to get that going again, as I think it helps build rapport between the players and the fans. 

I do like Allez, but we sing it during the match anyway. 

I do like the Allez song actually as i feel the words are totally original & unique to us even if the song itself is nicked. We do need some more original songs though. I was listneing to the "few" Wolves chants when they came the other week and their songs are so typical & un-original, sounds like the same songs from decades ago with the old "fight fight wherever you may be" etc etc...#Boring .... All they literally did was copy the songs we sang but replaced the words to suit such as "we've got Mcginn" they sang but with the name of one of their players inserted. It really was quite dull tbh. 

It's like when we song the Anti-Sha songs, are they really worth singing about? Hardly even rivals in reality. I think we are their only claim to fame in truth, without being "Villa's main rivals" what are they exactly? Where as if you took them away we are still AVFC one of the most successfull clubs in World football (albeit in the main historically of course)

• Like 1

Â