Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

There is just zero cohesion going forward, which I guess you can expect when you've got 3 new signings out of your 4 attacking players. We can't afford to just get smashed every game until it clicks though

This is why our first 4 fixtures could be more a curse than a blessing. Play like this in those games and we’ll go in to our tougher matches in a shite position.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

spacer.png

Keep the faith! We might get beat here but we'll learn from it.

If it were Citeh or Chelsea I could understand that sentiment, but it's **** Watford. If we can't get at least a point off the likes of these we are going to be right in the shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Wow talk about toddler tantrums, the proper fans must be at the game.

They are not “bossing possession”, they are sitting deep and hitting us on the counter with pace down the flanks.

We need to work out ways to break this down as teams will play this against us.

Now put your dummies back in, nobody is shit and nobody is getting sacked tonight

Sorry they are running running the show. 2nd half like the first this could be a hefty defeat.  If by some miracle we got back to 2-2 - it would be a brave man to bet against a watford 3rd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

not being funny, but we have spent 320m+ since we got promoted......and this is what we get.

Be happy with the shit we're getting served or you're not a real fan :crylaugh:

• Haha 4

Notwithstanding 1 or 2 posters having hallucinations of El Ghazi actually playing the game of football in that first half, I'd hook him immediately and get Bailey on. If he's on the bench he can play.

I'd have McGinn off for Ramsey also.

Edited by est1874

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

There is just zero cohesion going forward, which I guess you can expect when you've got 3 new signings out of your 4 attacking players. We can't afford to just get smashed every game until it clicks though

Be honest, this isn’t the first time villa look they’ve met each other for the first time on the morning of the game, without Jack Grealish , under Dean Smith.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

It's only 45 minutes but is playing Buendia at No 10 in the first game, away from home quite gung ho?

Start Ramsey, keep Buendia right and AEG left. I didn't think we signed Young to play him on the wing.

He played about half the half on the right, with Young at 10. He has been just as ineffective in both positions. He doesn't look match fit to me

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Thing is, we're not just losing.  We're losing 2 - 0 that could easily have been 3 or 4 - 0 and we've not laid so much as a glove on them. 

Were not getting at them fast enough, being to passive again like midway last season, need better pressing.

So far Ming's for me isn't the captain manyon VT think he is. Like I said just because you can command an area doesn't mean you can command a whole side.

As for Ghazi, god knows why he's still wearing a Villa shirt because he totally looks uninterested.

These new boys to the premier are here to make a statement and we are now being shown that were a joke at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Diabolical. 

No intensity. Getting bullied everywhere. Targett atrocious. Mings unsteady. 

What the hell is up with buendia?

El ghazi anonymous as per.

Very, very worrying.

Mcginn are best player so far.

He isn't a cam 

People need to get their heads around it 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Being saying it to my detriment....but they are not laughing now.

Its been an issue for sometime.....But I fear, Dean doesn't share my view.

Right there with you  same issue now in its 3rd season of not being addressed 

• Like 1