Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, Tom13 said:

Yes but when the press is that intense and we have no control, it's very difficult.

Sure its difficult - but these are top pros. If it was easy they wouldnt  command £30m+ fees

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Only following this by text on the BBC sports app (tried AVFC commentary but it was hard to get any sense of what is going on),

It seems we are dominating possession yet being overrun in defence.

Can anyone explain the paradox?

Try Watford’s official website, audio commentary is free, as it ought to be.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Weve tried to be to clever in the transfer market - all this team balance / spreading the load bollox - Weve lost a superstar - replace him simples.

If only it were that simple. Replace him with who exactly?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I'm scared...  This is how we looked our first season back in the Prem.  Clueless defensively, no plan offensively other than kick it into the channel and hope someone makes a run for it.  Need to change the system at halftime or this could get ugly.

Agreed, in a word naive.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I'm scared...  This is how we looked our first season back in the Prem.  Clueless defensively, no plan offensively other than kick it into the channel and hope someone makes a run for it.  Need to change the system at halftime or this could get ugly.

spacer.png

Keep the faith! We might get beat here but we'll learn from it.

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah, I do fear for Deano. Hopefully the players get their acts together, and this is just down to poor disrupted pre-season. 

You fear for Deano after 45 minutes of the season? Amazing. We’re not playing well at all, I won’t go through the obvious problems today or the lead up to this match but I’m so pleased our fans don’t make any of the decisions that matter.

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Losing his right hand man 2 days before the season stinks and it stinks more after that performance. Not having it was all amicable. 

And the change in policy - Weve started signing older players and loans again. Two things we weren't going to do again.