Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

15 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I'd *bet good money, (£2 max), that Danny Ings is an Everton player by the end of the transfer window. It fits the narrative in so many ways.

Emery has already said that he's not one we are looking to move on so you'd lose that bet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I'd *bet good money, (£2 max), that Danny Ings is an Everton player by the end of the transfer window. It fits the narrative in so many ways.

(I don't bet, but if I did, it would be on this).

That would only be if we were to bring in another striker in this window, which would seem to be unlikely.

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

Emery has already said that he's not one we are looking to move on so you'd lose that bet.

Oh, absolutely, because things never change and managers NEVER speak mis-truths to the media. You're right. Take everything said ever as fact. 

Ings is our top scorer and seems like a good pro who's willing to play his part in the squad.

We're light up from as it is anyway, yet there's some that want to sell him this window. Even if he wasn't going to get many minutes (which he will), we definitely shouldn't be looking to strengthen another team. We have to accept that many other clubs have been paying large wages like his for many years now, but neither the club nor the manager seem to think he's a drain on our resources. 

Players like Ings, Woods, Welbeck are useful to clubs like ours, and far better than having an Aubameyang or Costa to rely on.

6 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Why would we sell him? We only have two strikers now Archer has gone out on loan and Ollie went off with an injury and currently unknown status of that. This before we even talk about his goals and contribution.  Makes no sense even if you think he should be sold at some near date which very few fans do.

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

I just don’t get the wanting to sell Ings fans or thinking we should cash in now.

I see Ings as a bit of a Solskjaer type player in the squad. I like having him here, and I rate him as an option, but I think we'll suffer if he's starting week-in, week-out because he can get bullied out of games.

He's clearly a top pro, though, and well liked. If a chance falls to anyone, you probably want it to be him. I just think there's certain games where you're on the back foot, looking to counter attack at pace, and someone a bit faster and more athletic is going to do the job better.

It's not a criticism of him, just being realistic about his strengths and weaknesses. He's a good player.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I'll take you up on that.

19 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I think this is very unlikely even if we wanted to sell him. Everton can’t afford the fee and certainly can’t afford the wages unless they get rid of a lot of the rubbish they have which will be hard. From an Ings point of view I don’t see him wanting to join a basket case club on the verge of almost certain relegation when he would have better options.

On 14/01/2023 at 10:23, Delphinho123 said:

Nearly 100m for those 3 still makes me shudder. Woeful waste of the money. 

The 3 combined 25 goals and 16 assists in 18 months, it really isnt that bad

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I think this is very unlikely even if we wanted to sell him. Everton can’t afford the fee and certainly can’t afford the wages unless they get rid of a lot of the rubbish they have which will be hard. From an Ings point of view I don’t see him wanting to join a basket case club on the verge of almost certain relegation when he would have better options.

Desperation for football clubs does crazy things. Maybe they will feel so completely **** at the bottom of the league that they financially put it all on Danny Ings? With a release clause that he can leave if relegated and a certain fee is met?

Nothing is certain. We shall see.

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The 3 combined 25 goals and 16 assists in 18 months, it really isnt that bad

I didn't realise it was this many. The stats will say that in terms of replacing Jack's numbers, that has been achieved. I wish we had got a bit more in playing style.

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d have hoped we wouldn’t be looking to replace them all but we are. Ings isn’t a starter and the other two have had poor seasons. 

I think your hoping for Champions League performance at a mid-table club!

Unless you can pay the PL Premium for performance, every player is a gamble.  How much did Chelsea pay for Lukaku and see how that went

8 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I didn't realise it was this many. The stats will say that in terms of replacing Jack's numbers, that has been achieved. I wish we had got a bit more in playing style.

Probably will under Emery if people have some patience

Â