Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Not sure if he was playing with a knock second half?  Appeared to blowing out of his backside though. 

Yeah at the game and he was clearly injured for most of second half. We’d made three subs so he had to stay on. Bit of a worry if him and Watkins are injured.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yeah at the game and he was clearly injured for most of second half. We’d made three subs so he had to stay on. Bit of a worry if him and Watkins are injured.

Can we recall Davis?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Not sure if he was playing with a knock second half?  Appeared to blowing out of his backside though. 

I think that's just how he moves.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I like Danny a lot, but he's probably not very well suited for Emery's style. Just too slow.

Not many styles of play are suited to slow strikers the don't really get involved physically.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks overweight. Honestly. Doesn’t look anything like an athlete. 

We’d be wise to get rid this Jan and get his wages off the books if a sensible offer comes in. 

This is a joke right? Yeah it wasn’t his style of game yesterday but he’s done more than enough recently to show he’s a massive asset for us.  The run through the defenders for the goal against Wolves, creating the guilt edge chance for Bailey with that pass just in the last league game, never mind the games before.  One off game yesterday when the whole team didn’t play well and he’s now to be sold….nah!

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I said at half time he’d have been so good yesterday. The perfect player for what we were trying to do. 

Just No! He’s a championship level player, he would’ve been a passenger in the game.

I didn't see the incident but he was hobbling for a good few minutes yesterday early second half following some clash. I dont think he could run. Since he's been here he may not cover the ground aswell as Watkins but he's worked just as hard. He couldn't yesterday.

• Like 2

He’s not going to set the world alight at his age, (sorry Danny your thinning hair is showing now too) but he’s a proven PL player he would comfortably get 20 goals a season if he started every game, he’s a natural goal scorer, like Bamford yesterday he just needs one half opportunity and he’d score. He’s not going to run down lost causes like Watkins but he definitely has a role to play. Would not sell esp to another PL team.

• Like 1

Part of managing a football club is understanding when to sell a player, in order to maximise your return. This is even more critical now with FFP.There appears to be a market for Ings at the moment. It won’t last as he is massively on the decline physically. He is a classic January desperation signing.

For that reason, I would sell him. Even if we can’t secure a replacement in January, sell him and wait until the summer to buy a younger striker who’s more capable of fulfilling the role that Emery wants. I know that this would leave a big hole for us but I’m sure we could loan a striker who could play back up to Watkins for 19 matches. Sometimes you just have to look at the bigger picture.

• Like 1

Didn’t do much last night, but saved our bacon against wolves, has out-scored Watkins this season, and people want to move him on? We played badly as a team yesterday so it can’t be on Ings. He didn’t even play the first 30mins… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks overweight. Honestly. Doesn’t look anything like an athlete. 

We’d be wise to get rid this Jan and get his wages off the books if a sensible offer comes in. 

What’s with you and weight? Bentancur was to thin now Ings is to fat 🤣

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The daily lets sell Ings posts are early today. Like players cant have a bad game

Problem with Ings in a one striker system is that he is only uneful is one scenario.

Team is dominating possession and on the front foot.

That's not really going to be the case for us most games in the Premier League. Most Premier League games are going to be tight and a fight for the ball.

That's why he so often fade away in games.

Decent player but just doesn't fit our style.

Edited by Pinebro

Ings is a valuable member of the squad, scores goals and is good competition for Watkins. If we sold Ings what Striker would we buy? What price? Proven in the League? 

Ings is a senior pro, he's good to have 

• Like 3

Â