Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This is one of those moments when we need to take a half decent offer it is forthcoming. £20m and he should go. No doubt at all that Emery and Lange will have a replacement lined up. I like him, but he doesn’t fit. 

We had this situation with AEG. We should have let him go when his stock was still moderately high. It’s clear that Ings doesn’t fit into Emery’s system, that he man may want to leave (he was seriously pissed off with the booing at VP) and that he rightly has a reputation for being able to score in this league. 

His transfer was a bit of a rush form the outset, so getting anywhere near what we signed him for would be incredible. Don’t take this chance (if it’s real) and we’ll be paying his massive wages until his contract ticks down.

This.

We’re not letting him go without a replacement, I wouldn’t have thought, but even then, you have to consider the financial side. He isn’t going to be an option long term and he’s on massive wages. He’s pretty immobile for his age and he’s not getting any younger. 

Take the money and reinvest either now or in the Summer. Let him be somebody else’s problem. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

hmmmm... i'm torn on if we should sell him or not. Depends on who we could replace him with. 

This 100%

£15m-£20m, plus the wages off our books, with 18 months left of his contract.
Too often when he plays we seem unable to get him in the game. 
I know he's our top scorer, but 3 of those are penalties, so his non-penalty output is the same as Ollie, but in fewer games and a lot less running. 
And we need to start bringing good money in, to but better players.

But without him we have Watkins, and a kid who's barely stepped foot in the country.

In Unai we Trust.

Edited by Pez1974
  • Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

We need another forward this window or we can't be selling Ings. There are no Strikers but maybe another Forward is enough 

If we managed to get someone line Deulofeu, we could perhaps play him behind Bailey worst case? 

It’s not ideal losing an option in Ings, but he’s old, he looks unfit to me (subjective), his resale value is dwindling and he’s on massive wages. 

A little short term pain for long term gain has to be the answer here, shortly? He’s also really not that good. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nope, don't be selling him. We don't want to weaken the squad right now

- He's can't run

- He's on big wages

- He's 31

Sell. 

Edited by messi11
  • Like 3

I’m not sure or not if we should sell Ings but a big bid can’t be ignored. It sounds as if Ollie should be back next game so no immediate problem. However people saying we need to replace him first surely can’t have forgotten our new wonder kid signing so soon?

There seems to be a general consensus that Duran been bought for the future but for the thick end of £20m, surely he can start some games straight away. There’s only half of a reasonably none pressured season to go. Let’s screw a desperate competitor over for once and watch Unai give the lad a chance to hit the ground running. Small risk big reward. 

On 15/01/2023 at 10:57, Don_Simon said:

I'd *bet good money, (£2 max), that Danny Ings is an Everton player by the end of the transfer window. It fits the narrative in so many ways.

(I don't bet, but if I did, it would be on this).

If he does go, (which isn't confirmed yet, of course), more than a few people gave me shit for this. 

I am not too good a person to go hunting with "I told you so" barbs.

(Everton, West Ham, Southampton, same same).

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

- He can't run

- He's on big wages

- Hes 31

Sell. 

He's our top scorer.

Watkins isn't very effective when teams park the bus in front of their own box.

If he leaves our second striker is a (by all accounts promising) teenager who has never kicked a ball in the Premier League.

We are 6 points off 6 place and Chelsea and Liverpool are both fast approaching crisis point.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we managed to get someone line Deulofeu, we could perhaps play him behind Bailey worst case? 

It’s not ideal losing an option in Ings, but he’s old, he looks unfit to me (subjective), his resale value is dwindling and he’s on massive wages. 

A little short term pain for long term gain has to be the answer here, shortly? He’s also really not that good. 

Wow! I think selling Ings and replacing him with Deulofeu would be up there with our worst ever moves in the transfer market. 

Makes no sense to me! 

• Like 1

Â